When someone figures out how to change the assist level on a Creo from the shifter, please post solution here!

kattanm

Maybe impossible, but sure would be cool to have left shifter paddle or top button change the assist level mode...

C07EC6B9-5BF7-465A-8524-361F626F85A3.jpeg

Yes this may be the best we can do. I really wanted it to be a normal shifter button already there but this is pretty sweet in a Campy sort of way, and works!

Also, Dave, I’ve read your post about this in the other topic and couple questions:
1. Where did you order the controller for $66? Have a link?
2. What about drilling out the hole in the bike so it would pass the wire?? That sounds intimidating.

Wish you’d make a YouTube video of the install for those of us less mechanically oriented!

Part ordered from Amain Cycle, Specialized part number: S194200007.

The hole you drill is the black, metal plug on the right side of the head tube. You'll see the rear brake and shifter cables go through the plug on the left side of the head tube. You just have to drill a hole in the right plug large enough to pass the cable connector through. This hole will be much larger than the cable itself. I then cut a short piece of black rubber tubing, cut a slit along it to allow it to be put over the cable, and slid it down the cable and into the hole. This hid the large hole from being obvious. I did have to unwrap and re-wrap the bar tape on the left side so I could hide the cable under the wrap.

The remote unit is mounted on a short piece of 7/8" plastic pipe. I filed one end of the pipe to match the curve of the handle bar and cut a small slit on each side so I could run a zip tie around the bar and through the pipe. I pulled back the left brake hood cover and installed the pipe as close to the bottom of the brake assembly using a zip tie. The zip tie connection (head) is hidden inside the pipe. Putting the hood cover back in place hides almost all the black zip tie. My pictures don't show it but I used a black handle bar plug to close the end of the pipe. It turned out very stealth.

I haven't even thought of using the boost button on the top tube (TCU) since I installed the remote. In fact, I told Mission Control to put the TCU into Stealth Mode where none of the LED lights are illuminated after the bike is turned on. I monitor the boost level and battery status on the display (TCD).

Dave

Part ordered from Amain Cycle, Specialized part number: S194200007.

The hole you drill is the black, metal plug on the right side of the head tube. You'll see the rear brake and shifter cables go through the plug on the left side of the head tube. You just have to drill a hole in the right plug large enough to pass the cable connector through. This hole will be much larger than the cable itself. I then cut a short piece of black rubber tubing, cut a slit along it to allow it to be put over the cable, and slid it down the cable and into the hole. This hid the large hole from being obvious. I did have to unwrap and re-wrap the bar tape on the left side so I could hide the cable under the wrap.

The remote unit is mounted on a short piece of 7/8" plastic pipe. I filed one end of the pipe to match the curve of the handle bar and cut a small slit on each side so I could run a zip tie around the bar and through the pipe. I pulled back the left brake hood cover and installed the pipe as close to the bottom of the brake assembly using a zip tie. The zip tie connection (head) is hidden inside the pipe. Putting the hood cover back in place hides almost all the black zip tie. My pictures don't show it but I used a black handle bar plug to close the end of the pipe. It turned out very stealth.

I haven't even thought of using the boost button on the top tube (TCU) since I installed the remote. In fact, I told Mission Control to put the TCU into Stealth Mode where none of the LED lights are illuminated after the bike is turned on. I monitor the boost level and battery status on the display (TCD).

Dave
This is fantastic! About how long is your plastic pipe, 10mm? And if the zip tie is running around the bar and across the opening of the pipe (with slits in the side), how did you get the handlebar plug into the pipe? Seems like the plug would hit the cable tie plus be too long to fit into the pipe? (sorry i can barely change my own flats here...)

My pipe is about 25mm on the long side of the curve. The head of the zip tie is inside the pipe. The bar end plug is hollow and the tie head fits right inside it.

1CCBFFC8-890E-41AD-9BF2-8B24BF606940.jpeg
CB3A6210-4F7B-4BAD-BD19-E201A6F8F240.jpeg
C3DABF14-2952-4910-82B2-14B7BF56088A.jpeg

Wow thanks again. This is really slick and super helpful. I shall now push my luck with some basics...
1. Where did you get the little pipe?
2. What tool did you use to file it to get it to make the shape of the bar?
3. Did you use a special drill bit to make the zip tie holes?

It was just a piece I had laying around. I used my Dremel tool to carve the curve. The pipe was soft enough that I drilled a series of holes then used the drill bit to connect them. Where are you located? I assume since you used the metric measurement that you’re not in the US.

I joined the family on this thing and it is indeed terrific to have assist adjustment on the fly like this. It also gives you a 0 support (without turning off and losing power meter) option which I don't think you have with the top tube button.

This looks terrible for now. But at least I have it in the right spot where my extended thumb can just toggle up and down easily.
IMG_1326.jpeg
IMG_1327.jpeg
IMG_1328.jpeg

You can run with zero support without turning the power off by holding the power select button down for a couple of seconds.

Back