Wheel pinging

PacNwTexan

Bike is new with less than 40 miles. I've heard issues with spokes and I'm hearing pinging in the front and rear now. Today it was the front when taking a reasonably sharp turn at speed.

Any ideas? Is it just breaking in still?

Hey, i'm by no means an expert, but I believe this could be to do with the tension in your spokes.
I've just had my Moscow Plus through this week and am taking it to my bike guy to check the brakes, gears, spokes and a few other bits out. Maybe worth doing if like me your not so savvy with bikes.

I suggest you pluck every spoke and make sure you don't have a couple really loose. When I bought from my local shop, they have a 100 mile free checkup. I'mbetting local shops will be busy all summer. I sold an acoustic bike tonight, the guy has another on order at a local shop. They told him he won't see that until October. Don't wait until then to get the spokes checked!

Bike is new with less than 40 miles. I've heard issues with spokes and I'm hearing pinging in the front and rear now. Today it was the front when taking a reasonably sharp turn at speed.

I took my Moscow plus in for a service to align the brakes and gears, along with checking the spokes tension this morning. I've just been out for an 18 mile ride and did hear a similar pinging noise, but I was told to expect this for the first few days after they've been checked. I'll have a few rides over the weekend so i'll let you know how I get on.

I took my Moscow plus in for a service to align the brakes and gears, along with checking the spokes tension this morning. I've just been out for an 18 mile ride and did hear a similar pinging noise, but I was told to expect this for the first few days after they've been checked. I'll have a few rides over the weekend so i'll let you know how I get on.

Really appreciate it. This is helpful!

Beautiful 22 mile ride today, until I picked up a hitchiker.

Attachments

• 20200619_153532.jpg
    20200619_153532.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 20200619_164925.jpg
    20200619_164925.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 332
Really appreciate it. This is helpful!

Beautiful 22 mile ride today, until I picked up a hitchiker.

Wow that looks like you have some stunning views there, shame about the nail in your tyre. Is that your rear tyre? I hear theyre a pain to change with the motor there.

This could be a loose spoke nipple rattling around in the hollow wheel (-it happens) ..or you might
want to check the bolts on the brake. THe best advice I can give any rider is familiarize yourself
with bike, how they work, how to fix. There are oodles of instructional videos on Utube.
carry at very least a set of allen wrenches. I carry everything but a crank puller.

For what it's worth, I thought maybe I heard this a little in the past. Well, fast forward a month or two and the front tire needs to be trued an am having that done soon. I think I read somewhere recently on the forum that the spokes aren't necessarily done up that well from the factory. Anyways, not 100% sure it's related to the pinging but might make sense that it's related.

Back