What's Your Dream Electric Bike?

I noticed basic cargo trailers on Amazon. People say they work. Priced low enough to try

I'd be careful with this. Tim from PracticalCycle.com pointed out that many of these use the hub bolt on the back tire, which has less threaded space available because of the motor, and so may not work with a conventional trailer. Sadly, he also thinks the Burley Travoy may also not work due to the high rack on my City Commuter. I did see an attachment on the Burley web site that is supposed to make it possible to connect a Travoy to a bike rack, but it was for a standard rack, not the beefy rack on a City Commuter. I may still look into this at some point, once I've recouped some of my initial outlay through reduced fuel, maintenance, and insurance on my car.

I think the e3Peak is pretty close to perfect. These changes would have me order one today:
  • 500-600Wh capacity
  • Commuter "city kit" with front and rear LED lights wired in to the system, fenders and rear rack
  • $2500

Update: I contacted Pedego about the Burley Travoy, and they told me that they sell a $60 attachment that would make the City Commuter compatible with the Travoy.

Did Pedego give you a part number or anything for this attachment? I recently purchased a City Commuter (15 Amp !) and I would like to get a Travoy if I could be sure that I could attach it to the bike. I contacted Burley, but all they could tell me is that they have a rack mount. I'm not certain that it would work on the City Commuter's rack. I sent an email to Pedego through their website but no word back from them!

It was Jenny Nguyen ([email protected]) that I corresponded with on February 17, 2014. She said:

"The Burley Travoy would most likely not be compatible with our bikes, but I am not 100% sure as we have never attempted to install that onto one of our bikes.
It mounts onto bicycles just like a tag-along attachment, which those do not fit our bike properly.
The bike rack mount would not fit either due to spacing issues from the battery case.
We do, however, have our own attachment system that works for our bikes. I've attached 2 pictures to show you how it works and what it looks like."
I did not get a part number from her, as I was not yet ready to order a Travoy.

Here are the pictures:
IMG_20140217_102006_330.jpg IMG_20140217_101918_248.jpg

Oh, and with Pedego, it's best if you call them or message them on FB. I have had issues with it taking them a long time to respond to web-site-submitted messages. I'll be posting that here in the next few days when I detail my warranty experience with Pedego. (My bike has been on the fritz since last week Tuesday, and I got a replacement control box today.)

Oh, and with Pedego, it's best if you call them or message them on FB. I have had issues with it taking them a long time to respond to web-site-submitted messages. I'll be posting that here in the next few days when I detail my warranty experience with Pedego. (My bike has been on the fritz since last week Tuesday, and I got a replacement control box today.)
Thanks for the images and feedback about the trailer mount! Did you hear back from Pedego about the part? I've never heard of it or seen it before but would love to post it in the Pedego section, I'm sure huhnra isn't the only one interested in something like this.

@Court, I'm not ready to buy a Travoy, so have not followed up with Pedego about that part number. If I get to where I'm ready to buy, I'll post the number.

I'm new to ebikes and bicycling in general but here goes:

a. custom designed frame geometry built specifically for my body type and made of lightweight titanium.
b. custom large screen console with user defined settings for types of terrain that automatically adjust power and gear settings.
c. injection molded seat using by body imprint
d.fore and aft cameras displaying on large screen console
e. 360 degree inflatable body bag in the event of a tipover or crash
f. fingerprint sensor that locks everything including crank
g. solar charging unit built in for continuous power
h. motion activated sensors that alert you on screen when a vehicle is close to you.
i. active suspension that adjusts continually based on terrain
j. a 160 decibel horn

I could go on and on.....

After 1000+ miles on my EG Zurich 350IX, I have concluded that my "dream" e-bike would be powerful enough to allow me to reach a pedal assist average speed of 20mph, with a battery capacity that can power the motor 100 miles, with a cost U/$2500.
The Zurich beats the price point, and comes close on the average speed. As far as the average speed, rider weight as well as typical average cadence become factors. No doubt losing 50 pounds would help not only on the average speed but also on the distance.
My typical cadence average is 65-75 SPM; On the Zurich with the Nexus hub, a gearing change, -crank or sprocket, would better accommodate my typical average cadence. As far as battery capacity, the Zurich is rated for 35-50 miles, -an achievable goal.

Last edited:
My ideal EBike would be some All in One wheel with 20 mph speed and 20 mile range, and under 10 pounds. You know, if the FlyKly was able to deliver on their KS concept!

My ideal EBike would be some All in One wheel with 20 mph speed and 20 mile range, and under 10 pounds. You know, if the FlyKly was able to deliver on their KS concept!

I agree. I'm in the market for an ebike now but am holding off until the Copenhagen Wheel is released and the real product can be tested and reviewed. If it works as well as they say and can produce a 500w version, it could be an industry game changer

I want a website that accepts everyone's wish as configuration parameters. Places the order with a factory. Delivers the dream bike to my local bike store.

Keep dreaming because you can change the world!

Built to last and warranty that backs it up:
Transferable warranty.
2-5 frame and parts.
2+ year motor.
1000 Cycles on battery.

Are we talking wish list or bike in the real world? 86, theses ideas are charmers and not hard to hit.
I'm new to ebikes and bicycling in general but here goes:
f. fingerprint sensor that locks everything including crank
j. a 160 decibel horn.
Uses the battery to taser a robber and also blasts that 160 decibel horn.

If you had a $20,000 dollar bike, like that audi would you make a reservation for it at the table so as to not leave it out of sight as in "Table for 2 for me an my bike, and the bike will need a stand please"

Back