Whats a good seat replacement for the hard Radcity seat?

Knighthonor

What's a good replacement. I just got my Radcity and rode it for 34 miles. It really hurt. I was thinking about getting a memory foam fitting for the seat if I can find one for that size. If you know of any please share. But as for seats I want a good comfortable seat with a handle on it. Radcity stock seat is just too hard for long distance rides unless you standing up 100% of the time and not sitting down.

Hi Knighthonor,
The seat was the first thing I switched. I never even sat on one of those hard stock RPB seats.
The Cloud Nine is a big seat and seems to be very popular around here and has spring action to help absorb some of the shock.
Another excellent seat can be purchased from ElectricBikeCompany located in LA at a reasonable price. It is bigger than the Cloud Nine, and if you bring up their web page you will see it mounted on all of their bikes. Click on Accessories and it will be listed there. Underneath it is a good Suntour cam action shock absorber so if the seat isn't cushy enough you can always mount it to one of the cushioned seat posts and go booney hopping in plush comfort.
In the pics the black seat is the Cloud Nine and the brown one is from EBC and both are sitting on Suntour posts.

Attachments

• 042718 Desert Schooner 2.jpg
    042718 Desert Schooner 2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,253
  • RADPower City Step-Thru Suntour & EBC Seat.jpg
    RADPower City Step-Thru Suntour & EBC Seat.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,238
That depends on your particular, um, bottom. Everyone is different and finds different sorts of seats comfortable. A local bike store will let you try seats. If you by online, be sure to get something returnable, so you can try it and return it if it doesn't work for you. I started by getting a gel seat cover for my original seat, but still had problems with pressure points so just got a very strange seat that is in two pieces that I think is going to be better for me, though I need to spend more time on it to make sure.

Adjusting the Seat for a proper fit sometimes makes All the difference ! The Rails on most newer bikes allow for shifting the seat back or forward and the Tilt to be toe up or down. Try that before spending Extra cash on a seat that you Might not need, just a suggestion. ?

What's a good replacement. I just got my Radcity and rode it for 34 miles. It really hurt. I was thinking about getting a memory foam fitting for the seat if I can find one for that size. If you know of any please share. But as for seats I want a good comfortable seat with a handle on it. Radcity stock seat is just too hard for long distance rides unless you standing up 100% of the time and not sitting down.
I just cancelled one at Amazon for large seats,bought one for thinner seats i ordered the rad mission this week so i know they got large ones!!check seats for stationery bikes👍🤣🚴🚲

I just cancelled one at Amazon for large seats,bought one for thinner seats i ordered the rad mission this week so i know they got large ones!!check seats for stationery bikes👍🤣🚴🚲
Were talking seat cover for seats with gel and foam 😁happy trails would you mind telling me how the radcity sitting position is with the elevated handlebars i almost bought! But i m 5.7 i didn't want to chance it, i looked at every video i could but just something about it ,maybe just too much bike for me i got 22 steps to my apt? Hope u enjoy

I've been using a Bikeroo seat on my RadRunner since May, and like it a lot for the relatively low price -- I think I paid around $36 USD on Amazon (though prices seem to have increased since May). I also use this seat in combination with a Satori Aramis suspension seatpost (~$80 USD), which I also like quite a lot -- not too firm like a Cane Creek Thudbuster but also not too bouncy (and is adjustable).

Back