What new light weight e-bikes are on the horizon?

I have been looking at the Trek Allant and the Rail models. The Allant for around $6000 is a bit under 50 pounds and 28 mph. Not sure what the carbon Rail model weighs but it's 20 mph. I have leaning toward the Rail for 90% street use but I think I would prefer 28mph. However the Domane Electric is very appealing but didn't know it was 20mph. Makes no sense.

Two Road eBikes and one Gravel eBike... all limited to 20mph.

Those are the Severly inferior and underpowered chinese Fazua powered ebikes...
They don’t have any juice or power to pull a rider at 23 or 28mph... 20mph even a fit and young 81yo senior can achieve w/o a motor😉 !

A fit young senior should be able to push 23-28 mph on their own... ;)

The race bikes are designed to assist when climbing... not so much on flats.

On one of my group rides there used to be riding till few years ago the One and only Mr. Gimbel (70yo+) who started the Famous Ny Gimbels ride 40 or 60mile routes.
Watching him pedal was like seeing Mozart on the piano ! Many 20years olds alongside seniors are doing that ride.

I agree different stroke for different folks but seems like a very limited amount of people would spend $8,000- $10,000 on a bicycle.
I am not poor i own a couple houses and a $15,000 custom atv but I could not do it! I ordered a $2500 e bike for trail riding that seems like the max i would spend unless it was a serious part of my life

your last part of the statement is correct...Sounds like I have less then you (no problem doing fine though), i have a 10G plus budget for a retirement present to myself if needed (and times 2 for wife) , I ride my bike whenever I am free and hope for even more time when actually retired. I dont want hassles i want to ride !

opimax , that is the difference i guess you want this to be a major part of your life ( which is awesome by the way)
I am still working 65 hours a week commuting 150 mikes a day , own a boat , fish , hunt so i spread myself thin.
I use the atv a lot and have modified it for my needs so i guess if i used the bike more I would reconsider my spending allotment .
Groups of us atv ride if i had friends that biked i guess i would be all in lol

the only issue I have cheaper bikes is sometime they are too cheap. Value is hard to see in ebikes for me. One part too cheap and you are not riding, you are fighting , begging, and more with both manufactures support and local support, worse than just broken and get it fixed issues

anything which you have a passion for or is that much part of your life is almost never a waste ..enjoy your you outdoors! :)

34.2lbs for the Miller by Enki is a real competitor to desiknio. Single speed though, but you could easily install in IGH on the rear because it's a mid drive.

Nicely outfitted ride for $1990... ;)

Nicely outfitted ride for $1990... ;)

Yeah the current price is apparently heavily discounted from their RRP of $3395. I'm leaning towards it because it's a crazy deal.

34.2lbs for the Miller by Enki is a real competitor to desiknio. Single speed though, but you could easily install in IGH on the rear because it's a mid drive.

This is a sweet bike with Gates Carbon at that price point. I also like the fact they put a powerful Bafang on it. This really does leave the Deskino behind it. It would be great to see how your personal experience is with this bike once you own it for awhile.

This is a sweet bike with Gates Carbon at that price point. I also like the fact they put a powerful Bafang on it. This really does leave the Deskino behind it. It would be great to see how your personal experience is with this bike once you own it for awhile.
Yeah I can't get over the 95Nm torque vs the 40Nm of the Desiknio, or even the 45Nm of Bosch. I'm not sure what this actually means in real-world experience, but it does have a leg up on the rest.

Oh, and I saw today they're offering a 3 speed IGH for $2190 all up. Does this sound like a good deal?

Yeah I can't get over the 95Nm torque vs the 40Nm of the Desiknio, or even the 45Nm of Bosch.

I'm not sure what this actually means in real-world experience, but it does have a leg up on the rest.

Oh, and I saw today they're offering a 3 speed IGH for $2190 all up. Does this sound like a good deal?

Yes, an additional $200 for a 3 speed Internally Geared Hub is a great deal... ;)

What exactly is a 3 speed Internally Geared Hub? The Miller has gearing on it, doesn't it?

The Miller has 2 options: one with 1 gear, and one with 3 gears (internally geared hub). An internally geared hub has all of the gears inside of the rear wheel and you shift with a grip shifter. If you plan on riding the bike much in the Santa Cruz hills, it won't have a really low gear (for slow speeds) nor will it have a really high gear (for high speeds). You can modify it for either a slower speed or a higher speed, but you can't have both. It's a compromise. Most of the bikes linked to earlier in this thread have cassettes which allow for a greater gear range, thus lower speeds and higher speeds, but because the cassette is exposed, these parts can also wear quicker.

That Miller looks like a decent bike but bare in mind you are taking the risk that they deliver late (or never) because its crowdfunded. It is expected June 2020.

To Enke's credit, they had a previously successful campaign.

A new entry to the market at only 11.3 kg... ;)

Cannondale have thrown their full weight into the e-road frey with the launch of the Supersix Evo Neo.
An electrified version of their classic lightweight road bike the Supersix Evo, the Neo version has a full carbon frame and fork with an eBikeMotion motor system, weighing just 11.3kg in its top-of-the-range SuperSix Evo Neo 1 guise.

1574142103209.png

A new entry to the market at only 11.3 kg... ;)

Cannondale have thrown their full weight into the e-road frey with the launch of the Supersix Evo Neo.
An electrified version of their classic lightweight road bike the Supersix Evo, the Neo version has a full carbon frame and fork with an eBikeMotion motor system, weighing just 11.3kg in its top-of-the-range SuperSix Evo Neo 1 guise.

View attachment 41678
Wow. How much will one of these go for?

Back