What kind of bell do you use?

My hesitation with the LoudBicycle horn, aside from the price, is that it looks large & clunky. I'm not sure how well it would fit a bike like mine.

The Loud Bicycle horn would be great for road traffic. Honking that on pedestrian pathways would probably get you chased by angry people :p For those who travel in traffic a lot, I'd def consider this, and maybe a regular bike bell for the pedestrians.

I bought the orp and got a free remote which makes it easy to ring the bell. I like the "short version" of the bell, but as others have mentioned (86 and still kicking) most pedestrians do not recognize either of the sounds the orp makes as "something coming up behind you, be careful". I can ring the ORP a few times and nothing, and then ring the stock ST1 bell and people immediately move over and get out of the way. The problem I had with the stock bell is that the flicker moves around and I can reach for it and it rotated out of the way....

My hesitation with the LoudBicycle horn, aside from the price, is that it looks large & clunky. I'm not sure how well it would fit a bike like mine.

I use mine exclusively when I am riding on the road and my voice is sufficient for when I am on a path. I only used it once on a path as someone jumped in front of me last minute and I blasted the horn and they moved quickly with no injuries on anyones part. As to mounting the horn I placed mine on the rear rake positioned closed to the seat post.

IMG_0529.jpg

I had ordered this - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P26G8N0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00 I then attempted to cancel the order, because I wanted to change to the Origin8, which is similar to the Crane Suza. Amazon was "unable" to cancel the order, which might turn out to be a good thing, because the Mirrcycle Brass Duet is really a great bell! This thing is VERY loud, and it has a very nice, quality ring with good resonance. The Origin8 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033M2VKE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 is still on the way, and I'm gonna compare when it arrives.

The Spurcycle isn't cheap, butt it'll last very long! Have one for more than one year now.
Very loud, strong quality product, no plastics, all metal.
The black one fits perfectly on my black ST1.

Back