Auto mode, do you use it?

mogulman

Region
USA
I have a 2020 Reign E+1 with a 625wh battery. I broke my ankle last fall and am recovering. So needing more assistance this summer. I tried Auto mode the last few days and it seems kind of jerky. Doesn't really help me when I need it and then provides too much assistance when I don't.

Before I got injured I didn't really use auto mode. Mostly stuck in 2, then 3 or 4 on steep hills.

Just trying to see if a lot of people use it or find it useless?

I have a 2020 Reign E+1 with a 625wh battery. I broke my ankle last fall and am recovering. So needing more assistance this summer. I tried Auto mode the last few days and it seems kind of jerky. Doesn't really help me when I need it and then provides too much assistance when I don't.

Before I got injured I didn't really use auto mode. Mostly stuck in 2, then 3 or 4 on steep hills.

Just trying to see if a lot of people use it or find it useless?
I use it frequently on my La Free - one less thing to think about. I do have to remember not to mash the pedals on a hill though and give it a second to automatically adjust the assist.

Great in theory but a bit laggy for my riding style and I didn't notice any appreciable range improvement. I just pick and stick these days, modulating the power delivery with pedal input. I love my torquey Yamaha motor but the Shimano and Bosch Trail and emtb modes do the auto thing a lot more seamlessly.

Last edited:
Back