What is your favorite PAS/Gear combination?

myers830

With so many Lectric XP owners out there, it would be interesting to know which PAS/Gear combinations you would use the most if you could only choose two or three.

With so many Lectric XP owners out there, it would be interesting to know which PAS/Gear combinations you would use the most if you could only choose two or three.
PAS1 and 4th or PAS 5 and 7th. Still waiting on my new11-34 gearset.

I rarely shift out of 7th gear and and am usually in PAS 1,3 or 5. I may change my settings to be able to get to 28-30 one of these days...

I ride almost every day at 5:30 am to swim at a Club; about 2.5 miles each way, some along Pacific Coast Highway in Newport Beach. Typically I like to run in PAS 3 and 7th gear at 17-19 mph. When I am going over bumps or along a sidewalk I may slow to PAS 2, still in 7th at 12-13 mph. I have tried high PAS modes and reprogrammed to 28 mph but rarely use that speed; just to fast for me. Also rarely use PAS 1; just too slow. PAS 2-3 is just right.

Love the Lectric XP, great bike.

I would think most rear hub 36v/48v 500w with 5 PAS settings and 7speeds feel similar. If that's the case, on a Ecotric 26" fattie. PAS2/7th gear for best range. PAS 2 / 4th or 5th, inclines. Hills, PAS 3 or 4 and whatever gear has a feeling of resistance on the pedal stroke. If my knees start acting up. PAS 5 using throttle to adjust amount of power used. The battery indicator really helps to find the sweet spot on consumption. In the 6 odd months I have had my bike I have used throttle only 2 or 3 times. My wife on the other hand very sparingly uses the motor. Her bike (20" folder) is another way to exercise. She likes the added weight when peddaling.

I would think most rear hub 36v/48v 500w with 5 PAS settings and 7speeds feel similar. If that's the case, on a Ecotric 26" fattie. PAS2/7th gear for best range. PAS 2 / 4th or 5th, inclines. Hills, PAS 3 or 4 and whatever gear has a feeling of resistance on the pedal stroke. If my knees start acting up. PAS 5 using throttle to adjust amount of power used. The battery indicator really helps to find the sweet spot on consumption. In the 6 odd months I have had my bike I have used throttle only 2 or 3 times. My wife on the other hand very sparingly uses the motor. Her bike (20" folder) is another way to exercise. She likes the added weight when peddaling.

I'm starting to get spoiled with the PAS. An acoustic 10-12 speed biker was sprinting by me today while I was in 3 PAS and 7th going up slight incline. I quickly punched into PAS 5 and started to pedal harder and nailed him at the summit! I'm still thinking about unlocking P8...

I have always loved the way the world looked on the seat of a bicycle. eBikes really allow for that again, in a big way. Being able to select the ease and speed is icing on the cake :)

I agree GT, I rode Motocross as a kid and even bought a 2 stroke KTM when my kids were little but a bicycle is totally different. I love the peace and quiet and being able to PAS up a small incline and then slalom down in PAS 0 a couple of minutes later. I have been able to explore my little village like never before. All I saw on the dirt bikes was dirt and dust!

PAS 3 and 6th. Most efficient with good speed.

Note: This is with the stock freewheel and my 7th gear doesn't work

Back