What is your favorite beach to ride your E-Bike?

Tower E-Bike

Our favorite beach is Pacific Beach, CA. Riding along the boardwalk and on the pier during sunset is the best time to ride!

None. I have a fear, maybe irrationally, of bringing my ebike near the sand. Thoughts of all the horrible things it might do, not to mention the cleaning headaches.

I used to work in PB years ago. I'd see these young girls, obviously not adept cyclists, riding rental beach cruisers down garnet. I would see one of them fall, at least per month. They'd almost always lose control avoiding a parking car and bam, flat on their butts. Actually, the last time I was in PB was to visit the ebike store when I was shopping for my BH!

National Seashore , Wellfleet MA

Attachments

• 5NmCwtPZQEqMZSbW7oZeqA.jpg
    5NmCwtPZQEqMZSbW7oZeqA.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 613
Maybe this is just a concern on our beaches in Southwest Florida but I hope we're just talking about riding on a sidewalk, boardwalk, etc. and not on the beach itself. We have tons of sea turtle nests, gopher tortoises, etc. and native vegetation that would be destroyed by someone riding a bike over them. I'm normally not too much of an environmentalist but when it comes to our beaches they're facing enough problems without having bikes on them.

Maybe this is just a concern on our beaches in Southwest Florida but I hope we're just talking about riding on a sidewalk, boardwalk, etc. and not on the beach itself. We have tons of sea turtle nests, gopher tortoises, etc. and native vegetation that would be destroyed by someone riding a bike over them. I'm normally not too much of an environmentalist but when it comes to our beaches they're facing enough problems without having bikes on them.
Yes! We totally agree. Riding it on the sand is harmful to marine life and ecosystems. We ride ours on the boardwalk!

Nice Thread here and good question. I would say along the ocean-side trail anywhere from Dana Point to Santa Monica CA. In addition, I also love the San Diego Beachfront area. I am in the Midwest, so for me this was paradise to ride along these beautiful scenic areas. Breathtaking indeed.:cool:

Nice Thread here and good question. I would say along the ocean-side trail anywhere from Dana Point to Santa Monica CA. In addition, I also love the San Diego Beachfront area. I am in the Midwest, so for me this was paradise to ride along these beautiful scenic areas. Breathtaking indeed.:cool:
Bob, thanks for the response! We are located in Pacific Beach, San Diego so we completely agree, there are so many great beachfront boardwalks to ride on. Also a ride from Dana Point down to San Diego is a very scenic route that goes through some good camping spots if you like to camp.

Bob, thanks for the response! We are located in Pacific Beach, San Diego so we completely agree, there are so many great beachfront boardwalks to ride on. Also a ride from Dana Point down to San Diego is a very scenic route that goes through some good camping spots if you like to camp.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like you are enjoying all of those wonderful places. I have relatives in Long Beach/Manhattan Beach and I packed my acoustic bike on my last plane trip out. It was an easy transition from airplane to rental car to bike paths. That was my first attempt to do it and all went as planned. Would be great to relocate to paradise and do some temporary Coastal living. You have been blessed. Ride safe!

We live in Los Angeles and we love to camp at Mission Bay. That entire area is fantastic for biking.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like you are enjoying all of those wonderful places. I have relatives in Long Beach/Manhattan Beach and I packed my acoustic bike on my last plane trip out. It was an easy transition from airplane to rental car to bike paths. That was my first attempt to do it and all went as planned. Would be great to relocate to paradise and do some temporary Coastal living. You have been blessed. Ride safe!
Thanks for the kind message. Ride safe as well!

In Oregon, you can ride from the South Jetty at the mouth of the Columbia River all the way to mouth of the Necanicum River near Seaside, OR. Motor vehicles are allowed on that stretch of beach so bicycles aren't going to cause much of an issue.

Similarly, you can ride on and near the beach for great distances near aptly named Long Beach, WA.

You can also ride a dozen or so miles of sandy beach from Ocean Shores, WA to the Copalis River. Further north of the Copalis River there are shorter stretches of beach that are navigable by bicycle until you reach Quinalt and National Park Lands further north. My favorite section is from roughly Iron Springs to Seabrook Village. Roosevelt Beach is a good access point in this area. South of Iron Springs there is an airstrip on the beach and crossing the substantial creek isn't really recommended either.

Again, all of these sections allow motor vehicles as well as bicycles. My strong recommendation is to come at low tide and ride as much as possible on the damp sand and not in the dry sand.

In Oregon, you can ride from the South Jetty at the mouth of the Columbia River all the way to mouth of the Necanicum River near Seaside, OR. Motor vehicles are allowed on that stretch of beach so bicycles aren't going to cause much of an issue.

Similarly, you can ride on and near the beach for great distances near aptly named Long Beach, WA.

You can also ride a dozen or so miles of sandy beach from Ocean Shores, WA to the Copalis River. Further north of the Copalis River there are shorter stretches of beach that are navigable by bicycle until you reach Quinalt and National Park Lands further north. My favorite section is from roughly Iron Springs to Seabrook Village. Roosevelt Beach is a good access point in this area. South of Iron Springs there is an airstrip on the beach and crossing the substantial creek isn't really recommended either.

Again, all of these sections allow motor vehicles as well as bicycles. My strong recommendation is to come at low tide and ride as much as possible on the damp sand and not in the dry sand.

Actually motorized vehicles are prohibited from the Peter Iredale to the jetty in the summer and from, roughly, McMennamins in Gearhart to the Neccanicum. The state only allows e bikes to ride motorized zones on its beaches. The city of Seaside also does not allow e bikes in their non motorized access beach.

5CBFC1CE-C165-4475-9B4E-3F99E35B1309.jpeg

But I have ridden it all and it does make for a nice beach cruise!

Burns Beach, Perth, Western Australia

Attachments

• 6F8148FE-8C92-466B-97E0-406C2F1F85DD.jpeg
    6F8148FE-8C92-466B-97E0-406C2F1F85DD.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 441
  • 553C804C-3100-4D94-8DB4-0CC56DC93B94.jpeg
    553C804C-3100-4D94-8DB4-0CC56DC93B94.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 476
  • D302EBBB-9F30-4B20-901D-84D84FD4C38C.jpeg
    D302EBBB-9F30-4B20-901D-84D84FD4C38C.jpeg
    219.5 KB · Views: 468
Actually motorized vehicles are prohibited from the Peter Iredale to the jetty in the summer and from, roughly, McMennamins in Gearhart to the Neccanicum. The state only allows e bikes to ride motorized zones on its beaches. The city of Seaside also does not allow e bikes in their non motorized access beach.

View attachment 35461

But I have ridden it all and it does make for a nice beach cruise!

From the satellite images in Google Maps it seems cars aren't allowed south of 10th Av in Gearhart. But I saw plenty of cars on the beach north of the Pete and all the way to the Jetty. In practice it would be ugly getting an e-bike down to the beach from the Jetty so you'd likely want to access the beach at the Peter Iredale anyway.

Places like Manzanita and Cape Lookout are also nice places to ride a bike on the beach but since motor vehicles are prohibited there e-bikes are as well. :( North of Cape Kiwanda and around Tierra del Mar also look pretty appealing.

Usually you can drive from the Iredale to the Jetty. But there are signs posted just below the Iredale this summer saying "No Motor Vehicles". They will probably lift it in the fall, or not. The State Park there is doing some strange things like wiping out a bunch of the old Coastal Pines in the name of fire prevention....along with a nice section of trail. There are some nice old single track trails in the coastal pines at Ft. Stevens south of the Iredal that nobody uses so you can combine beach and trail riding. I've been using them for years off and on.

And btw " it would be ugly getting an e-bike down to the beach from the Jetty so you'd likely want to access the beach at the Peter Iredale anyway." There is an access trail that goes right to the South Jetty from the last parking lot before the Jetty one with the tower. I usually ride up from around Camp Rilea to there and take the trails back down to the car parked on DeLaura Beach Rd..

This is the one I am going to try next as I just moved out on to Cape Meares. May or may not be legal.
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 6.44.38 PM.png

131 is really sketchy and I saw a white bike south of Netarts.....The road is blocked to traffic two miles up at the Cape Meares State Park but still bike able and able to connect with the Bayocean Rd.. I can ride up there relatively traffic free, ride the beach and take the Bayocean Rd. back down or visa versa depending on which way the wind is blowing. I prefer wind at my back on the beach as it makes for nice cruising.

I believe that the road out front, Cape Meares Loop Rd. is used by the Pacific Coast Bike route as a side adventure and there are Bike signs posted but as I said it is really narrow and sketchy for the most part with lots of summer traffic.

I can see beach from my new chair spot,

899047AB-5879-46EF-A7D9-FC84B6EEC9F6.JPG

Back