My new Okai Stride e-bike

Aurelio99

Region
USA
Being new to e-bikes and this community, I would like to introduce myself as a senior living on Long Island NY. I just purchased my first
e-bike and loving it. I solely intend to use it for pleasure. I’m anxious to ride it on paved trails on a 200 acre park near my community. I’m also looking forward to riding it to a nearby beach (2 miles away). The 3 bike functions offers strictly pedal, pedal assist and full throttle. These three features are what sold me.
I’m looking forward to hearing about different aspects of this new electric bike riding experience.
Vincent

Attachments

• IMG_1400.jpeg
    IMG_1400.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 108
Welcome to the site. I appreciate you use unpowered pedal some. I do that for exercise if there is not a stiff headwind. I use the throttle when the wind is against me strongly.
I hated PAS and deleted it. Slowest speed was too fast, was quite dangerous on narrow road berms with a slot between it and the main pavement. PAS1 also made the bike whack me on the calf of the prop leg when I was winding the crank backwards to put the pedal at the top for a good takeoff. I moved the PAS pickup away so it wouldn't sense the magnets on the crank.

Last edited:
You are right… The exercise factor is important. My Okai Stride has 3 levels of PAS. The first level is 10% assist versus level three with 75% assist. I use the first level for most of my riding. Levels 2 and 3 for headwinds and hills. I seldom use full throttle but again, I’m still new with the bike and learning as I go along.

My Okai always has too much power and goes way too fast. I cannot figure out how to use the PAS. I know there is the toggle on the left but it really doesn't matter what I push or how much. The bike is just too fast. What am I doing wrong? I see the the first level is 10% assist but I am not experiencing that. Thanks for your help.

Being new to e-bikes and this community, I would like to introduce myself as a senior living on Long Island NY. I just purchased my first
e-bike and loving it. I solely intend to use it for pleasure. I’m anxious to ride it on paved trails on a 200 acre park near my community. I’m also looking forward to riding it to a nearby beach (2 miles away). The 3 bike functions offers strictly pedal, pedal assist and full throttle. These three features are what sold me.
I’m looking forward to hearing about different aspects of this new electric bike riding experience.
Vincent
Welcome aboard! Nice-looking bike.

My Okai always has too much power and goes way too fast. I cannot figure out how to use the PAS. I know there is the toggle on the left but it really doesn't matter what I push or how much. The bike is just too fast. What am I doing wrong? I see the the first level is 10% assist but I am not experiencing that. Thanks for your help.
Try changing the ‘Ride Mode’ on your mobile app. to level zero ‘walk mode’. I believe this should get the least amount of pedal assist. Would be curious if this helps.
Vincent

Try changing the ‘Ride Mode’ on your mobile app. to level zero ‘walk mode’. I believe this should get the least amount of pedal assist. Would be curious if this helps.
Vincent
I will try that today and let you know. Thanks for the response.

You are right… The exercise factor is important. My Okai Stride has 3 levels of PAS. The first level is 10% assist versus level three with 75% assist. I use the first level for most of my riding. Levels 2 and 3 for headwinds and hills. I seldom use full throttle but again, I’m still new with the bike and learning as I go along.
How do you know what level of PAS you are using? I am having difficulty figuring this out. The manual for the Okai is not very helpful. Thanks for your help.

Back