What is the difference between an allant 8 and 8s? I'm not able to find a comparison even on Trek's site?

Just wondering why the Gazelle with what you want would be completely dismissed just because it is a step through. If it is the look, that's completely valid as it is your $ to spend on something you want and like. If it's a performance issue, I'd like to explore that. My wife refuses to consider anything other than a step through and I don't understand her insistence since it really only seems to matter when mounting / unmounting which is a small % of riding time (unless commuting or frequent stops). Trying to learn more.
I don't like how step through frames look, and I want to buy something I like when I'm spending $5,000 on a bicycle. :) I've also heard that step through frames are less rigid and can flex/wobble at higher speeds, but I don't have any experience with this in the Gazelle frames.

Just wondering why the Gazelle with what you want would be completely dismissed just because it is a step through. If it is the look, that's completely valid as it is your $ to spend on something you want and like. If it's a performance issue, I'd like to explore that. My wife refuses to consider anything other than a step through and I don't understand her insistence since it really only seems to matter when mounting / unmounting which is a small % of riding time (unless commuting or frequent stops). Trying to learn more.
My wife also insisted on a step through. Mounting may be a small percentage but it’s a pretty critical one!

no-yes2.gifno-yes2.gif

Last edited:
Back