What E-Bikes Have You Bought Which Have Exceeded Your Expectations?

I purchased a Ecotric Hammer fat tire bike for some variation from my Ride1up 500. I was a bit leery, because it is not well known, and I wasn't sure about such a large (8 ft long and 65 lbs) bike. Since I got it, I cannot stop riding it. 850 miles in 3 months. It is well made, impervious to rough trails and very stable. 1000 watt hub, hyd brakes, front and seat suspension. I got mine through Walmart for $1199, normally $1499 from Ecotric distributors. They have a full range of fat tire bikes. Very happy and highly recommended. This is a big bike, probably would not work for shorter riders.

1611331427301.png

I built a bike with a Bbs02 motor on an old Cannondale f700. It weighed 43 lbs and topped out at 35 mph. Quite an impressive little science project. The v brakes were fine with upgraded pads.
I still have a Cannondale F900 I bought in 1997. It has the Fatty Headshock, Sachs grip shifters and rim brakes. I changed out the knobby tires to Swalbe Marathons (all my riding was in the street)
I blew my patellar tendon up this past June so I've gone over to platform pedals (from clip less) and that's it.
My 900 is like it was on Day 1, condition-wise.
Sure tempted to go the same route. Maybe the Grin GMAC rear hub motor with the Phaserunner controller.
Go to a single chainring (front derailler delete) and suspension seat post.

CN

I purchased a Ecotric Hammer fat tire bike for some variation from my Ride1up 500. I was a bit leery, because it is not well known, and I wasn't sure about such a large (8 ft long and 65 lbs) bike. Since I got it, I cannot stop riding it. 850 miles in 3 months. It is well made, impervious to rough trails and very stable. 1000 watt hub, hyd brakes, front and seat suspension. I got mine through Walmart for $1199, normally $1499 from Ecotric distributors. They have a full range of fat tire bikes. Very happy and highly recommended. This is a big bike, probably would not work for shorter riders.

View attachment 77276
Glad to see an Ecotric posted. I have the beach/snow fattie26, my wife the Dolphin 20" folder. They were supposed to be starter bikes. I looked at Haibikes first. Anyway after a year they both work everytime we go out ( about twice a week). I am thankful I wasn't consumed by the activity or I would have multiple bikes, no doubt. It is the best $1500 (for both) I have ever spent.

Last September I bought a Cannondale topstone Neo Lefty 3. I was very happy with the bike, but the drop bars made my hands numb on longer rides and I didn't like the mtn tires on the road.
I fixed both problems by going to a flat touring handlebar and buying carbon wheels and wider tires that were more street-friendly.
I love this bike!

ADtD8gT.jpg

EGy038q.jpg

Back