What do you HATE about your fat tires?

I don't mind the tires as much as I mind the 70 pounds of structure needed to hold and spin them.
And the batteries, being as big as they are, could easily drop 5 lbs. Many are pretty good sized (19-20ah) so that the bike will have some range with the big tires.

they are 27.5/3.00 so not quite a full Fat Tire but close!
That's what I figured, or something close. It looks a LOT like my bike (same frame, branded as a Rize) with the Schwalbe Super Moto 2.8's on it.

Your bike was originally a fatty, right? I know what I went through to convert my fatty to 27.5, curious about your experience? Did you end up re-spoking with new rims, or some other path?

That's what I figured, or something close. It looks a LOT like my bike (same frame, branded as a Rize) with the Schwalbe Super Moto 2.8's on it.

Your bike was originally a fatty, right? I know what I went through to convert my fatty to 27.5, curious about your experience? Did you end up re-spoking with new rims, or some other path?
When i purchased that bike Biktrix offered you the option to go with 27.5in rims for no additional charge so i jumped on it. I think they still give you the option on some models.

IMO, 4.8" isn't wide enough.

Attachments

• IMG_2023.jpeg
    IMG_2023.jpeg
    330 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2045.jpeg
    IMG_2045.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 135
Wheels with polka-dots? Are those reflective ?
Or can it be reflective?
Those "polka dots" are holes in the rim done to keep rim weight to a minimum. The white you see is rim tape, which could be reflective I suppose. Downside is those cut outs have a tendency to collect a lot of dirt.

Those "polka dots" are holes in the rim done to keep rim weight to a minimum. The white you see is rim tape, which could be reflective I suppose. Downside is those cut outs have a tendency to collect a lot of dirt.
I hate those stupid holes because they are impossible to keep clean, i would rather deal with the additional weight.

Red Loctite needs 350F plus heat to release. Not good with carbon frames. There’s a green version that can be used as a penetrant. But ALWAYS READ THE SPECS FIRST!

@The Brick. I noticed on my Monte Capro that the front brake cut off sensor only works while throttling. It doesn't cut off the motor when pedaling (not using throttle). Rear brake sensor on the other hand cuts off motor while pedaling and throttling.
Can you please confirm if your bike does this also. Mine is equipped with Tektro 4 piston brakes.
Thanks.
Front or rear Tektro brake application cuts the motor when pedaling. Takes about 1/2+ second to re-engage after the release of brakes.

Back