What Battery Ranges Are People Getting?

D.Unwin

I am after personal experiences, what PAS you were in what size battery/motor you have, flat roads, trails, etc...

Everyone will be different I know

cheers :)

Wow it's going to take me days to get through all these messages, massive thanks for everyone's input

;)

This POD Cast is a good primer on battery range. As for me, I get a max of 45 miles on a 250W mid-drive with a 350W battery in the lowest level PAS level. This ebike does not have a throttle.

AM1000, I do most of my riding in sport 1 or 2. I have been averaging about 30 miles per charge. Last charge I averaged 35 miles.

500W hub, 750WH battery, 35 - 40 fairly level trail miles using mostly PAS 2.

AM1000, I do most of my riding in sport 1 or 2. I have been averaging about 30 miles per charge. Last charge I averaged 35 miles.
that seems pretty decent Bugnut, do you find the sport 1 or 2 sufficient enough for everything you can throw at it, I have only ridden a Bosch CX motor and in Boost mode, it climbed any hills I went up (i never took it out of boost anywhere due to my age and weight)

that seems pretty decent Bugnut, do you find the sport 1 or 2 sufficient enough for everything you can throw at it, I have only ridden a Bosch CX motor and in Boost mode, it climbed any hills I went up (i never took it out of boost anywhere due to my age and weight)
I have slowly reduced the amount of assist from the motor. I like to keep the bike at 25mph on pavement using mostly sport 1or2. In the trails 1 sport is enough. I live on Long Island and the terrain is mostly flat. If I come to a hill or steep incline I will boost up the assist. Since I got over trying to hit 40mph the battery lasts longer. Now I will only use 5 when I went to blow past the skinny tire guys.

I have a Rize RxPro which is an Ultra based fatty (w/19.2ah battery). I'm an active 70, 6'2" and 315lbs - so you could say I'm one of the bigger e-bike riders. I've just recently gotten into the controller programming after 50-60 miles of riding as it came. I ride mostly Pas1 with occasional PAS2, and hybrid style, with about 50/50 road and trail (mostly very tame single track). Now at 120 miles, with lowered initial throttle setting, lowered torque sensor engagement and power, thinking 40 miles on a charge will be done reliably based on early results.

I have slowly reduced the amount of assist from the motor. I like to keep the bike at 25mph on pavement using mostly sport 1or2. In the trails 1 sport is enough. I live on Long Island and the terrain is mostly flat. If I come to a hill or steep incline I will boost up the assist. Since I got over trying to hit 40mph the battery lasts longer. Now I will only use 5 when I went to blow past the skinny tire guys.
I think your right about the top-end speed, i was going to limit that to around 28mph on the PAS if that can be done and use the throttle when i need it, the main thing is getting out and enjoying as much time as possible. have you altered any settings or have you been happy with your original setup?

I have a Rize RxPro which is an Ultra based fatty (w/19.2ah battery). I'm an active 70, 6'2" and 315lbs - so you could say I'm one of the bigger e-bike riders. I've just recently gotten into the controller programming after 50-60 miles of riding as it came. I ride mostly Pas1 with occasional PAS2, and hybrid style, with about 50/50 road and trail (mostly very tame single track). Now at 120 miles, with lowered initial throttle setting, lowered torque sensor engagement and power, thinking 40 miles on a charge will be done reliably based on early results.
wow, that's good going, it makes sense the more you ride it the more tweaks and human alterations become part of the riding, this will change from rider to rider, I am like you I will mainly be riding to work than long flat trails, I won't be jumping or going on downhill tracks. :cool:

Here is a good video on the factors that affect your maximum battery range. ;)

I average 15wh/mi, less if going for ultimate range and more if going for a shorter blast around the locals.

Battery weight is an often overlooked fact in predicting range. A heavy battery is carried 100% of the time. Mile n1, n2, n3. Get the lightest battery that you can afford. Heavy batteries are not efficient when you will only use the final 10% of capacity 1% of rides. A riding mate has his entire frame filled with a giant battery. One three pound battery will out run and out last his massive battery because of the of the weight load he carries each and every mile. Ditching weight also improves handling and acceleration.

Attachments

• DSCF7545.JPG
    DSCF7545.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 233
Back