What are you thoughts on 2018 Haibike Models?

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Some exciting designs and Dual battery options for hardtails and trekking models.

What do you think?

1000whrs for Hardtails and trekking.jpg 2018 All Mountain.jpg All Mtn 7.0.jpg Another All Mtn.jpg Revised geometry for All Mtn.jpg Sduro.jpg top of the line All Mtn.jpg Trekking model.jpg Xduro - is Yamaha PW SE.jpg Xduro 10.0.jpg

Yes! I'll have this 1000wh hardtail...

1000whrs for Hardtails and trekking.jpg

Scraping so hard for the scratch, my knuckles are bleeding. Has pricing been announced? Pretty bikes!

I still would like to see a bit more emphasis on urban type bikes by Haibike and others. Having so many variations of mtb's is ok if you are in to that sort of thing but many of us believe that e bikes are can be more about car ride replacement than bike ride replacement.

Too bad he integrated batteries won't be available until mid-late 2018. Maybe Bosch will try to speed things up with many of the brands emphasizing the Powertube

The naming conventions are a bit strange. We now have Bosch drives in the Sduro line.
It is a little strange. They made Sduro and Xduro independent of the drive system. Sduro is sporty and Xduro is extreme. So Trekking, Cross and short travel bikes will be Sduro and everything else will be Xduro regardless of motor. I think it's going to cause a lot of cofusion, but long term it could make sense. But idk

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I thought that Bosch powered bikes were limited to the standardized Bosch battery pack.
What type (and capacity) of battery have they incorporated in this model?

I would have been interested to know more about which models will accommodate a dual-battery setup. The first bike looks like it has an integrated battery as well as a regular Bosch power pack. I'm a candidate for a dual battery Bosch, although I probably won't purchase immediately. I'll be looking for a 'black Friday' type deal for fall 2018. The Trekking bike with it's Super Moto-X tyres looks very appealing, particularly if it can be configured as 2x 500Wh and is an S-Pedelec class.

View attachment 17666

Only the cross, trekking and certain hardtail models will have the dual battery options.
Full suspension mountain bikes will not have this. Haibike designers believe that the front triangle should be compact, rigid and light as possible to keep the riding dynamics close to a normal MTB.

Although the powertube is more aesthetic, the 2018 trek with classic battery is not far behind. I still prefer the later since a spare battery would easily fit in a back pack or big saddle bag (easier to carry a spare).
View attachment 17667

Oh yeah, the Super Commuter8 by Trek. One of my absolute favorite class 3 ebikes I have test rode. So Trek is going to get on board with a more integrated look to their battery design? That is even a better selling point for that model at around 5Gs IMHO. ;)

I usually only go around 20-30 miles per ride and usually carry the wife's spare battery from her bike if I'm pushing the limits (inclines, wind, weather). Seems like an expensive solution for a minor issue for the way I ride since it only takes a few minutes to switch out batteries. It would be like having a 40 gal fuel tank on my SUV compared to the regular 20 gal. Range isn't my issue compared to power. It would be a nice feature to select in the menu (normal, eco, turbo) if the extra battery could unlock a Super-Duper Turbo++ mode for more hill climbing power, faster acceleration, higher sustained cruising speed no matter the conditions (wind, steep inclines, extra weight, cold weather). It would be like adding a supercharger or turbo to my SUV instead of a 40 gal gas tank.

Wow those are beautiful looking ebikes. I was just getting use to associating Yamaha with the Sduro line, and Bosch with Xduro, now they are changing it. It seems Haibike can really confuse the consumer with over 70 models to choose from and now another change (which is good) however, seems you have to keep yourself sharp on their design changes within one brand! I always felt it was just a matter of time before Haibike would start to make a more integrated design in the battery placement. The Powertube design and shape looks a lot like Giant Ebike Dirt- E+ IMHO. A long wait till these are available for all of us overzealous riders!:D

I liked:
Hub econnect with old and new pedelc and speed pedelec

New bosh and yamaha engines

Nduro with yamaha engines.

Multi-rail
Multirail but I'm not completely convinced by the system.

Dont liked:
The price increase

Multirail only bosh engines,

If you adapt batteries to a certain space and you can not access to put certain designs of lithium cells, you also have to rely on the vibration and thermal transfer of the metal that can cause internal humidity, I think that yamaha will increase its batteries inside the triangle Of the frame but without inserting into the frame,

Can use space even outside the size of the frame as now that leaves 1 cm for each side, to replace is more comfortable and fast, is more protected battery but more ugly visually.
The
2017 SDURO Trekking S 6.0 is 3299 euros with 500w engine /45km/2018 Sduro trekking s 8.0 500w engine 3399 euros.100 euros more expensive.
2017 sduro trekking 5.0 is 2899 Euros / 2018 Sduro trekking 6.0 2899 euros .....weight 24kg 63mm fork.same price

2018 sduro trekking 8.0 25ow engine pw -se with econnect 3499.......¿price econnect 400 euro?

The best price / quality ratio is
sduro trekking s8.0.

Last edited:
Multirail only bosh engines,

If you adapt batteries to a certain space and you can not access to put certain designs of lithium cells, you also have to rely on the vibration and thermal transfer of the metal that can cause internal humidity, I think that yamaha will increase its batteries inside the triangle Of the frame but without inserting into the frame,

Can use space even outside the size of the frame as now that leaves 1 cm for each side, to replace is more comfortable and fast, is more protected battery but more ugly visually.
The
2017 SDURO Trekking S 6.0 is 3299 euros with 500w engine /45km/2018 Sduro trekking s 8.0 500w engine 3399 euros.100 euros more expensive.
2017 sduro trekking 5.0 is 2899 Euros / 2018 Sduro trekking 6.0 2899 euros .....weight 24kg 63mm fork.same price

2018 sduro trekking 8.0 25ow engine pw -se with econnect 3499.......¿price econnect 400 euro?

The best price / quality ratio is
sduro trekking s8.0.
Ouch, my eyes hurt!

The new models seem to be up on the website now. I really like the Trekking 9.5

Wonder when they'll actually be available in the states?

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The new models seem to be up on the website now. I really like the Trekking 9.5

As an owner of the 2017 4.0 Trekking I too really like that 9.5. But since I don't know components I have to ask: what makes it a 9.5 or what makes it more than 2x the specs of the 4.0? Both have Bosch CX motor. Both have Suntour suspension. Both have Super Moto X tires. Could it be that what they would sell in Europe as a 9.5 they would sell in the US as a 4.0?

As an owner of the 2017 4.0 Trekking I too really like that 9.5. But since I don't know components I have to ask: what makes it a 9.5 or what makes it more than 2x the specs of the 4.0? Both have Bosch CX motor. Both have Suntour suspension. Both have Super Moto X tires. Could it be that what they would sell in Europe as a 9.5 they would sell in the US as a 4.0?

I know not all models make it from Europe to the US. Haibike does change their naming year to year, and so I think model numbers are really subject to change. Sounds like the same if not very similar bikes you're describing!

Well they seem to have changed the distinguishment between XDuro and SDuro, so there is no longer an XDuro 4.0, only the SDuro 9.5 and 9.0 on the US Website. The 9.0 has the newer integrated Bosch battery it seems.

I'm also having a hard time seeing many differences between the 9.5 and 4.0. At first I thought for sure the 9.5 was going to be a 28mph bike but now it doesn't seem as that's the case?

Back