What are some of the less expensive bikes with torque sensors?

Andropolis

What are some of the less expensive bikes with torque sensors?

I know ‘inexpensive’ and ‘torque sensing’ are two attributes you won’t often find in an eBike... but I thought I’d ask.

A guy in Portland, OR sells 48v/12ah torque sensing mid drives he imports from China for $1800. The trick is to have the system work well and these do.

Decent torque sensing conversions from eBikes.ca. Depending on the ebike to be upgraded. $125-$150. But requires display. $130. I think they will become more prominent as more fit riders start buying more eBikes. I find average riders who couldn’t otherwise ride are happy with PAS systems. They do vary widely in performance, YMMV.

You
Decent torque sensing conversions from eBikes.ca. Depending on the ebike to be upgraded. $125-$150. But requires display. $130. I think they will become more prominent as more fit riders start buying more eBikes. I find average riders who couldn’t otherwise ride are happy with PAS systems. They do vary widely in performance, YMMV.
You mean if I have a RAD, Aventon, or similar eBike, they can help me convert the cadence sensor to a torque sensor?

You

You mean if I have a RAD, Aventon, or similar eBike, they can help me convert the cadence sensor to a torque sensor?
I mean there are possibilities for you to research. I'm sorry I wasn’t more helpful.

I mean there are possibilities for you to research. I'm sorry I wasn’t more helpful.
Thank you, Thomas. I see you post here quite a bit. Do you mind telling me what kind of bike and sensor system you have on your bike and how you like it? Answer at your leisure.

I’m trying to get a feel for if I would be happy with a cadence sensor.

Thank you, Thomas. I see you post here quite a bit. Do you mind telling me what kind of bike and sensor system you have on your bike and how you like it? Answer at your leisure.

I’m trying to get a feel for if I would be happy with a cadence sensor.
I’m a kit builder and there are fellas here far more qualified. J.R. mrgold JRA FeliZ, lots of talent better suited. I’m missing a dozen more.
I’m using more MAC motors, eBikes.ca displays controllers and hub motors. I’m happy with my PAS system, but I’m less than able. Exercise only in controlled monitored settings.

I think this is a good piece.
http://www.ebikeschool.com/pedal-assist-systems-pas-vs-hand-throttles/

I’m a kit builder and there are fellas here far more qualified. J.R. mrgold JRA FeliZ, lots of talent better suited. I’m missing a dozen more.
I’m using more MAC motors, eBikes.ca displays controllers and hub motors. I’m happy with my PAS system, but I’m less than able. Exercise only in controlled monitored settings.

I think this is a good piece.
http://www.ebikeschool.com/pedal-assist-systems-pas-vs-hand-throttles/

Why do you say you're less than able, you're one of the most knowledgeable posters on the forum?

Thanks Feliz. I retired 12 years ago due to medical issues. The brain is willing but I have great difficulty walking. I hate saying disabled, just differently abled.

I bought my wife a wonderful bike with torque sensing and it was inexpensive..... $1700 Canadian which is about $1200 US. It's and Elby and made by the BionX people so it's a direct drive, it's a smaller step thru but a really nice bike with good components. I'm not recommending it as BionX has gone belly up which is too bad, the employees there had a lot of vision, they were like eBikes.ca is now at one time. Powerful motor with regen too by the way. Amego bikes in Canada (BionX was Canadian) bought all the inventory and still have a few bikes.

Thanks Feliz. I retired 12 years ago due to medical issues. The brain is willing but I have great difficulty walking. I hate saying disabled, just differently abled.

Gosh, I never knew that. You're brain is more than willing and I assume you can ride your bikes. I'm the opposite, I've had several strokes and each one leaves my brain a little less capable which is why I gave up motorcycles and took up eBikes. The doctors told me flying drones and rc planes was good for me so I did that but had to give it up due to poor vision, I don't know how long I can keep riding bikes.

If you got an Elby $1200, that's an absolute steal,..they're $2999 US.
https://www.elbybike.com/

Yes, I know! When BionX announced they were going into receivership a nearby dealer flogged them off just to get rid of them. I picked one up and when I realized how good they are I wanted more but they had sold all their remaining stock. I don't know how much Amigo is selling them for but I purchased a rear rack for my wife's Elby from them and service was great. Mmmm, I think I'll visit their website.

There bikes have torque sensor:

EasyMotion Easy Go Race
$1299

Surface 604 YunBike C1
$999

ElectroBike Light
$1399

Eunorau E-Torque
$1599

EasyMotion Easy Go Volt
$1499

A2B Kuo
$1399

GenZe E101
$1499

GenZe E102
$1499

Thanks Timpo... I’ll definitely be looking through these reviews. I appreciate you taking the time to post all of them.

Here too. But I was always a bit left of center. There’s no loss of intelligence, IMO, but the bullshit meter is definitely less tolerant.
Re bullshit meter. You don't need to have a stroke to have less tolerance there. I think that's a PRIVILEGE of one that's getting older and wiser. Grumpy old man here, and proud of it! -Al

Back