Weird Whining Noise from my 2022 Vado 5.0 motor

GuruUno

I've heard this whining noise just about forever (since I've had the bike now about 13 months), and now just approaching the 5,200 mile mark.
For comparison, I used my wife's Como 5.0 to compare, and hears is dead silent as to min sounding like a Bosch motor on a Trek.
The settings are in Smart Control with 35 miles set for distance.
So, I just ride, and this clip allows those to hear what I hear.
Should I have concern? IS this a "normal" noise? If so, why on my bike and not the Como?
Is it an indication that issues are around the corner?
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuvidzeb28kycb2/Vado 5.0 Motor Whining-1.mov?dl=0

Guru,
I do not like the sound. However, I have only ridden a Specialized e-bike with a newer 2.0E motor only once and it was some time in the past. That e-bike was not silent but not overly loud at all. Your mic might have amplified the noise. (Once, I recorded the motor noise of Vado SL and was surprised how loud that motor was while it is not a nuisance on the ride for me, and it sounds quieter to the ear).

Are the Como of your wife and the Vado of yours both equipped with the same motor model?

I am very much interested myself to hear an opinion of someone riding a current Vado. @Sefutau2020: How do you assess the Guru's e-bike motor noise? I understand you own a Vado 5.0 IGH now?

It makes the noise in "Smart Control" mode. My wife has the Como 5.0 with IDENTICAL components, and in her Smart Mode, no such noises occur.

This sounds like your answer. Talk to your LBS....at a minimum get on record as having brought the bike in for diagnosis due to the sound just in case you surpass that 24 month end of warranty period.
You will be able to say "but I brought it in at that time".

While there could be some modest sound differences between two otherwise identical motors....I wouldn't think that you should hear a pronounced difference between the two.

How many miles on your wife's Como?
Does it still make this noise when you are running the motor OUTSIDE of Smart Control?

This sounds like your answer. Talk to your LBS....at a minimum get on record as having brought the bike in for diagnosis due to the sound just in case you surpass that 24 month end of warranty period.
You will be able to say "but I brought it in at that time".

While there could be some modest sound differences between two otherwise identical motors....I wouldn't think that you should hear a pronounced difference between the two.

How many miles on your wife's Como?
Does it still make this noise when you are running the motor OUTSIDE of Smart Control?
Wife's Como has about 750 miles.
Mine, 5,200.
Got my bike in June of 2022
Noise is not as bad when other modes are used, but pronounced.
I'm going to make an appointment to bring it in to the LBS.

Back