Watt wagons mid drive, Gates carbon belt, titanium frame

Net+Positive

I just bought a new Watt wagons titanium frame, mid drive e-bike and thought I’d share a review of it compared to my Pedego and fat tire e-bikes.

The Bafang controller is nice but a little hard to navigate the menu. Also, The bike has so much torque, that in lower gears it tends to just pull wheelies which is a bit scary.

I Really wanted this bike! It had everything I was looking for plus a few. My non-negotiables were: High power motor, mid drive, gates carbon belt drive, hand throttle, hydraulic brakes. This also has a lot of extra nice features I didn’t even know I needed.
some great things about this bike are its ability to do 50 miles an hour! The kickstand clears the pedals when backing up, it came with an automotive grade headlight, tons of gear range with the Rohloff hub! I pull a kid trailer and do at least 100 miles a week.

The Bafang controller is nice but a little hard to navigate the menu. Also, The bike has so much torque, that in lower gears it tends to just pull wheelies which is a bit scary.

Attachments

• C0AB3DC4-7DAE-4D3A-8E5D-A025F7603827.jpeg
    C0AB3DC4-7DAE-4D3A-8E5D-A025F7603827.jpeg
    714.1 KB · Views: 673
  • 61D02D57-918C-459F-B18D-D14C12A62905.jpeg
    61D02D57-918C-459F-B18D-D14C12A62905.jpeg
    945.6 KB · Views: 664
Very cool!
The bike should have no problem doing 100-300 miles a week.
Looks like you are full pro with solar panels; do you have a Powerwall too? Is that why your handle name is Netpositive? :)

@Angela M. and @troehrkasse , can we move this thread to @Wattwagons sub-forum? so people can access this info more easily?

Simply one of the sweetest builds available. I couldn’t build a bike for anywhere near the price. A stunningly incredible bike.

I just bought a new Watt wagons titanium frame, mid drive e-bike and thought I’d share a review of it compared to my Pedego and fat tire e-bikes.

I Really wanted this bike! It had everything I was looking for plus a few. My non-negotiables were: High power motor, mid drive, gates carbon belt drive, hand throttle, hydraulic brakes. This also has a lot of extra nice features I didn’t even know I needed.
some great things about this bike are its ability to do 50 miles an hour! The kickstand clears the pedals when backing up, it came with an automotive grade headlight, tons of gear range with the Rohloff hub! I pull a kid trailer and do at least 100 miles a week.

That is a really nicely engineered eBike... can you provide details on pricing and availability?

Reactions: Ayl
Thanks ;)

1574659948351.png

Reactions: Ayl
Very cool!
The bike should have no problem doing 100-300 miles a week.
Looks like you are full pro with solar panels; do you have a Powerwall too? Is that why your handle name is Netpositive? :)Yes. I started a nonprofit for the advancement of clean energy. I’m 2 months 100% self powered with 3 Tesla Powerwalls!

@Angela M. and @troehrkasse , can we move this thread to @Wattwagons sub-forum? so people can access this info more easily?

Sure thing. I’m new, I appreciate the guidance. Jon

I hate to ask a couple of simple questions. How can they sell this legally? Isn't the speed limit suppose to be < 20 mph?

Back