Wanted volunteers: Tributes for Custom Quiet Gears for Ultra

If you take a look at the first post in Pushkar's city commuter thread, apparently Bafang are shipping them with nylon gears now.
This topic is regarding the M620/Ultra. I have seen where the M600 has gone plastic. Could that be what you're thinking of?

This topic is regarding the M620/Ultra. I have seen where the M600 has gone plastic. Could that be what you're thinking of?
It's an upgraded PEEK gear which I thought was an aftermarket add on, if they have made it stock from the factory, many people would like to know that fact.
There are at least 2 Ebikes running that PEEK gear, a collaboration of Area 13 and Watt Wagons, and Luna.

It's an upgraded PEEK gear which I thought was an aftermarket add on, if they have made it stock from the factory, many people would like to know that fact.
There are at least 2 Ebikes running that PEEK gear, a collaboration of Area 13 and Watt Wagons, and Luna.
Working with Evelo regarding their new M600 powered Atlas (a pretty interesting bike that's yet to be produced, but close!). Asked about the noise level, they agreed their original prototype bike was pretty noisey, but went on to mention their newest bike, a proof of concept pre production bike, is now MUCH quieter. I'm assuming this is because Bafang is now equipping the bikes with a plastic gear. Keep seeing quiet references to this in other places - like Pushkar's note.

Familiar with Luna's PEEK gear. That's going to be my ace in the hole if the Atlas came through without one.

Working with Evelo regarding their new M600 powered Atlas (a pretty interesting bike that's yet to be produced, but close!). Asked about the noise level, they agreed their original prototype bike was pretty noisey, but went on to mention their newest bike, a proof of concept pre production bike, is now MUCH quieter. I'm assuming this is because Bafang is now equipping the bikes with a plastic gear. Keep seeing quiet references to this in other places - like Pushkar's note.

Familiar with Luna's PEEK gear. That's going to be my ace in the hole if the Atlas came through without one.

Nice Ebike, if they can do a M600 with a PEEK gear and Gates belt, the noise reduction would be huge, the old chain rattle bugs me sometimes.

I'm getting used to the loud noise, the one I'm listening for is the rattle sound that comes with it when I pause pedaling.
I hate that noise.
What are these peek gears?
Sorry I moved my post to to the news/hot topics board. I was doing searches with keywords and landed on this thread, and then noticed it was vendor specific.

PEEK is a high strength polymer used in place of traditional steel/metal gears. In this case, it quiets down the noise that announces your presence 100 yards from anything listening. Not ideal for quiet trail riding, but fine in traffic on the street.

They made one for the 750s which seem to work well wired up past 2000w, but apparently attempts from (I think) Luna supposedly failed with the 620 platform, then the chatter seemed to die down. Not sure if it failed with stock power (doubt it) since they're known for juicing up their motors and controllers.

Back