Wallke X3 Pro vs Sondors Fold XS

98 SNAKE EATER

I'm a newb when it comes to E-Bikes and picked up my first one last month (Sondors Fold X)

20200924-084116.jpg

I was actually gunna spring for the Fold XS, but didn't want to wait 6 weeks for delivery, so I settled for a Fold X since they had them in stock.

Didn't care for the color, but it was all they had and it was mainly to get my feet wet just to see if I liked it.

I figured I could flip it on Craigslist if I wanted to upgrade and that's exactly where I am right now cause I'm hooked lol

Looking to upgrade to another folding bike with a suspension fork at the very least.

The Fold XS is still sold out with a long wait, so I've been looking at other similar bikes (Rattan Fat Bear, Lectric XP, Aventon Sinch, etc.) and stumbled upon a video review on the Wallke X3 Pro a couple weeks ago.

Love the way this bike looks and tried contacting Wallke about availablilty, but they have yet to get back to me.

A few questions:

1) I've read that the throttle isn't regulated on this bike.....is this true?

2) Will it accelerate from a complete stop usig the throttle or does it need to be moving first? (this is what swayed me from going with a Sinch)

3) Has anyone have a Fold XS and X3 Pro?? (how do they compare?)

4) Performance wise, what is the major difference between the gearless hub and the geared hub I have on my Fold X?

5) Is it a true 750 watt nominal motor? (this always tends to get skewed by different manufacturers)

6) Is the speed limited out of the box? (and if so, is the limiter easliy removed?)

7) What is the controller rated for? (amps?)

8) Where is the best place to order from and what is the current wait time for one of these bikes?

9) How is the support from Wallke? (Sondors has been pretty good with it and that goes a long way with me.....On the other hand, Wallke has yet to respond after numerous emails)

Hello @98 SNAKE EATER
I am Wallke USA brand ambassador and own (2) X3Pros since June and have over 900 miles with zero issues and well worth the wait. Contact @Max Black who works at Wallke for technical questions and approx shipping times for the next batch.
If you use the following link to order, you will gain an extra 3 months factory warranty: https://wallkeebike.com/products/upgrades-wallke-x3-pro
Wallke's W-PAS regeneration capabilities are fantastic. My ride this weekend was 41 miles, 2400' elevation at 6.9% grade and still had 45% battery remaining using Level 2. The Full-Suspension, Fat Tire features make riding on trails very easy and then you can lock out the front forks for road riding.
To answer some of your questions:
1: Yes
2: Yes, this is a great feature when taking off to hit the throttle to get started
5: Yes, true 750W and performance is fantastic
6: Downhill over the weekend was at 36mph!
8: https://wallkeebike.com/products/upgrades-wallke-x3-pro
9: Wallke support on any issue, warranty claim etc has been fantastic. Best way is through the forum here and reach out to @Max Black or email [email protected] I have had numerous customers request replacement parts and Wallke sends them out via DHL and will receive in 4-5 business days.
You will not regret your Wallke purchase or waiting for it. Truly the best value on the market, what we don't spend on marketing, we put into R&D.
Let me know if any other questions, I will do my best to assist.

Thanks for the info

A few more questions:

1) Can the throttle be programmed to be variable like a normal throttle?

The thought of having it all or nothing doesn't sound very appealing :confused:

2) Are there any US based distributors? (Amazon says ships from China)

3) What is the top speed on a flat? (I've seen 25-28mph listed from various sources)

4) Does the 8 speed feel like you have enough top gear pedal to keep up with the motor assist?

On my Fold X, in top gear (7th), I pedal my ass off and only hit ~17mph.

It feels like I need another gear or two to take advantage of the available top end.

I'm actually considering replacing the front sprocket with a larger ring becauae of this.

Thanks for the info

A few more questions:

1) Can the throttle be programmed to be variable like a normal throttle?

The thought of having it all or nothing doesn't sound very appealing :confused:

2) Are there any US based distributors? (Amazon says ships from China)

3) What is the top speed on a flat? (I've seen 25-28mph listed from various sources)

4) Does the 8 speed feel like you have enough top gear pedal to keep up with the motor assist?

On my Fold X, in top gear (7th), I pedal my ass off and only hit ~17mph.

It feels like I need another gear or two to take advantage of the available top end.

I'm actually considering replacing the front sprocket with a larger ring becauae of this.
1. We will confirm with my colleague.

2. Yes.

3. All bikes arrive in Class 3 mode. This means the bike is limited to 28 mph. Ebike performance(Top speed) on hills depends on factors including the weight of rider, steepness of the hill, cargo load on the bike, battery power and more. I gotten the bike up to 29 mph, on a flat surface, with pedaling, under PAS 5. I'm 125 lbs.

4. I rarely shift into the highest gear. I don't know...

Thanks again for the info.

Wallke actually got back to me last night and answered a few of my questions as well.

I'm 99% sure it will most likely be my next bike, but I've gotta sell the Sondors first (have a few buyers lined up this week).

Would love to get a green one, but since they're sold out I may have to settle for black.

That being said, with their current stock, do they all have newer updates?

I've read there were changes made to the motor and display since they first debuted and just wanna make sure I get the latest version and not old stock.

Would it be better to order from Amazon or from Wallke direct?

Also, does the $100 discount code apply to Amazon orders as well? (I have a few Amazon bucks I'd like to burn up)

Thanks again for the info.

Wallke actually got back to me last night and answered a few of my questions as well.

I'm 99% sure it will most likely be my next bike, but I've gotta sell the Sondors first (have a few buyers lined up this week).

Would love to get a green one, but since they're sold out I may have to settle for black.

That being said, with their current stock, do they all have newer updates?

I've read there were changes made to the motor and display since they first debuted and just wanna make sure I get the latest version and not old stock.

Would it be better to order from Amazon or from Wallke direct?

Also, does the $100 discount code apply to Amazon orders as well? (I have a few Amazon bucks I'd like to burn up)

does the $100 discount code apply to Amazon orders as well?

This exclusive discount is now only available to Wallke direct.

OK, just sold my Sondors about 30 minutes ago and ready to place my order on a new X3 Pro :)

Tried calling, but I guess they're not open yet (dang West Coast)

does the $100 discount code apply to Amazon orders as well?

This exclusive discount is now only available to Wallke direct.

Tried emailing for the discount code, but no response yet.

I figure doing an unboxing video and complete review of this bike is right up my alley since I pretty much do that for most new items I purchase.

(link to my channel)

Having been burned by fly by night websites in the past, I prefer to place my orders by phone on a recorded line, so I kept trying all morning.

Someone finally picked up a little after noon (Eastern time)

A lady of obvious Asian descent that spoke very broken English.

Tried to explain that I would like to an place order, but first wanted to confirm that they had updated bikes in stock that were ready to ship.

Also asked about the discount code, but she didn't seem to know much about the bikes at all and the language barrier was a bit much for either of us to handle.

Asked to speak to Wolf as he had already answered a few questions for me via email, but she said he wasn't available and that she would have him email me when he gets back (at least I think that's what she said).

Like I said before, customer support goes a long way and this being my first interaction with the company doesn't quite sit well with me.

Still waiting on a response, but I'll keep this thread updated on how things turn out.

Tried emailing for the discount code, but no response yet.

I figure doing an unboxing video and complete review of this bike is right up my alley since I pretty much do that for most new items I purchase.

(link to my channel)

Having been burned by fly by night websites in the past, I prefer to place my orders by phone on a recorded line, so I kept trying all morning.

Someone finally picked up a little after noon (Eastern time)

A lady of obvious Asian descent that spoke very broken English.

Tried to explain that I would like to an place order, but first wanted to confirm that they had updated bikes in stock that were ready to ship.

Also asked about the discount code, but she didn't seem to know much about the bikes at all and the language barrier was a bit much for either of us to handle.

Asked to speak to Wolf as he had already answered a few questions for me via email, but she said he wasn't available and that she would have him email me when he gets back (at least I think that's what she said).

Like I said before, customer support goes a long way and this being my first interaction with the company doesn't quite sit well with me.

Still waiting on a response, but I'll keep this thread updated on how things turn out.
@maxblack is Wolf so you can message him here. If you see from other threads about Wallke, their customer service is very good with regard to handling issues. They aren’t set up to take orders over the phone so either website or Amazon.
Once Wolf confirms your question about the latest features, go ahead an order, you won’t regret.

@maxblack is Wolf so you can message him here. If you see from other threads about Wallke, their customer service is very good with regard to handling issues. They aren’t set up to take orders over the phone so either website or Amazon.
Once Wolf confirms your question about the latest features, go ahead an order, you won’t regret.

Ok that's good to know.

It's always great to have someone from a company active on a public forum.

Still waiting for him to get back to me with the discount code.

That being said, I have two uncles that are also looking into ordering for themselves and one of them pointed out a 2 year extended warranty plan on Amazon for $42.

Anyone here have experience with this plan?

What does it cover and is it really worth it?

Last edited:

I have to agree! Wolf always gets back with answers and I was not disappointed when it arrived. Just got back from another trail ride just now...

Screen shot

Just curious if anyone here actually sprung for the extended warranty through Amazon?

I have two uncles looking to purchase bikes based on my review, but I have yet to receive my order :(

Even though I told them about the $100 discount code, they're a bit skeptical of the site and actually feel better ordering through Amazon as they feel better protected 🤨

I've never been a fan of these types of warranties, but I figured I'd ask for them

Back