Wallke W-PAS 50% regeneration?

I ordered an X3 Pro on May 7th. May 8th I was notified that a FedEx label had been created. I was just updated by FedEx that the bike is in transit and should arrive Friday May 22. I bought a used Ibera RakPack and quick detach bag off Ebay. Obviously can't put it on the bike, but will update when I do. I live in the St. Louis area.
Carl, just wondering if the Rakpak worked on the stock seat post? I've gone through 2 racks now that wouldn't fit around the post because the post is so large. Thoughts?

I have 44 miles on my X3 Pro, I just wanted to chime in on some things that are talked about in this thread.

First let my clarify that so far overall, I'm happy with the X3 Pro. There are a few things im not happy with though. I have an August batch bike and Wallke has locked up the advanced settings on my bike. I cant adjust PAS settings and I REALLY want to.

In my opinion PAS 1 needs tweaked. Where I ride and at my pace its very sloppy. It feels like im in a fight with this thing bouncing off of the regen or falling below the minimum speed before it kicks in to help me. PAS 1 just flat out wears me out. My legs burn, Im sweating and Im not enjoying myself. I have three choices: Bump it up to PAS 2 for lots of help but now Im going 18MPH but I want to be doing 13 or 14. Choice 2: stay in PAS 1 and hit the thumb throttle but now Im not regenning any energy and Im using up energy. Choice 3: turn the power off to the bike and shut it completely down so I can pedal nice and smooth and maintain 13 MPH... Or at least I can guess because I don't know because I had to turn the display off, lol.

I want to be able to adjust this, please give me access.

On a side note...is this really a 750 Watt Nominal motor?

IMG_20200820_024125.jpg

Last edited:
I have 44 miles on my X3 Pro, I just wanted to chime in on some things that are talked about in this thread.

First let my clarify that so far overall, I'm happy with the X3 Pro. There are a few things im not happy with though. I have an August batch bike and Wallke has locked up the advanced settings on my bike. I cant adjust PAS settings and I REALLY want to.

In my opinion PAS 1 needs tweaked. Where I ride and at my pace its very sloppy. It feels like im in a fight with this thing bouncing off of the regen or falling below the minimum speed before it kicks in to help me. PAS 1 just flat out wears me out. My legs burn, Im sweating and Im not enjoying myself. I have three choices: Bump it up to PAS 2 for lots of help but now Im going 18MPH but I want to be doing 13 or 14. Choice 2: stay in PAS 1 and hit the thumb throttle but now Im not regenning any energy and Im using up energy. Choice 3: turn the power off to the bike and shut it completely down so I can pedal nice and smooth and maintain 13 MPH... Or at least I can guess because I don't know because I had to turn the display off, lol.

View attachment 63110
There are threads on here that walk you through step by step but I'll save you the hassle. Press the up and down along with power until you see OK on the screen then let go and press the up and down again until settings come up, you should now have access to advanced settings.

Awesome that worked thanks man! Im not really going to mess with much. I just need that PAS 1 fine tuned if possible.

Like the red and gold accents! Looking sharp. What is up with the mirror on the low side?
I find the position makes it easier to give a quick glance at the mirror, because the backdrop is usually the road; which is a more static background, against the moving objects in the mirror.

I find the position makes it easier to give a quick glance at the mirror, because the backdrop is usually the road; which is a more static background, against the moving objects in the mirror.

LGC, when I do get a mirror thats exactly what I plan to do. Ive seen many guys on Harleys or similar motorcycles run their mirrors like that.

Unfortunately I'm not using the phone holder, so I can't do a real time comparison of the controller's speedometer and my phone.

My wheels are set to 28" , If you're referencing the 30" from this image; it's a screen grab out of the pdf file, for the controller.
View attachment 53337
These are my Advanced settings:
View attachment 53338

Slow start is a delay before the motor kicks in, when you resume pedaling; this can become important if you start pedaling mid turn and the motor kicks in before you're ready for the increased speed. When you get a chance, checkout the link that I sent you to the manual (via PM); it has a brief description of each setting.
Mine was set to 20A

View attachment 63110

My motor has the same label I questioned wallke and the said it’s an error - on the label! That is some error! Doesn’t feel like 750watts but waitin for the pedal sensor - bike delivered from UPS had scratches, broken cadensensor and derailleur guard crushed - removed it and seems the derailer which is NOT Shimano Altus as advertised but lower end Tourney seems to jump around gears on its own so will need to adjust - pretty frustrated with that. Wallke sending new guard and sensor via dhl so hoping to get by next weekend.

My motor has the same label I questioned wallke and the said it’s an error - on the label! That is some error! Doesn’t feel like 750watts but waitin for the pedal sensor - bike delivered from UPS had scratches, broken cadensensor and derailleur guard crushed - removed it and seems the derailer which is NOT Shimano Altus as advertised but lower end Tourney seems to jump around gears on its own so will need to adjust - pretty frustrated with that. Wallke sending new guard and sensor via dhl so hoping to get by next weekend.
This Park Tools video saved me a trip to the local bike shop: link to YouTube

The video is a bit long and I had to watch it a few times; but it covers all aspects of tuning the Rear Derailleur

In my case, I wasn't getting to the top gear and the chain wasn't sitting centered, for the mid gears.

Im closing in on 100 miles and the gear shifting is sloppy, noisy and jerky. I'm going to watch that video LGC posted a link to and see if it helps.

My bike also came with the entry level Tourney derailuer. It also says for 6/7 speed but we have an 8 speed cassette. It really pisses me off because the 2 biggest reviews that sold me on the bike both had the Altus derailuer.
IMG_20200829_104922__01__01.jpgIMG_20200829_104933__01.jpg

Last edited:
Im closing in on 100 miles and the gear shifting is sloppy, noisy and jerky. I'm going to watch that video LGC posted a link to and see if it helps.

My bike also came with the entry level Tourney derailuer. It also says for 6/7 speed but we have an 8 speed cassette. It really pisses me off because the 2 biggest reviews that sold me on the bike both had the Altus derailuer.
View attachment 64095View attachment 64096
Oh man didn’t even see that - wallke should replace that !

Oh man didn’t even see that - wallke should replace that !

Screenshot_20200901-102017__01.jpg
The Amazon add clearly shows the Altus derailleur. Luckily I havent written my Amazon review yet as Id like to use the bike for another 100 miles and make sure all issues are addressed from Wallke before I submit the review.

Last edited:
I’m doing the same - especially with warranty- starting at time of purchase 7/27/20 for me and delivery last Friday arriving with broken pedal sensor isn’t really my idea of a fully functional ebike. And yep same 6/7 derailleur- I just propped up the bike and cycled through the gears, goes 1 to 8 “ok” but going from 8 to one up the sprocket is where the chatter starts and that’s with no load on the bike just the wheel. I’ll watch the video and see if that helps but will ask wallke to address

Attachments

• 55B89485-EEF3-4D0D-AEDC-4C5D97EB4580.jpeg
    55B89485-EEF3-4D0D-AEDC-4C5D97EB4580.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 301
While we are on the subject I might as well point out another item that was advertised but wasnt what came on the bike.

The cassette is advertised on Amazon as a HyperGlide HG31 which is the matching cassette that goes with the advertised Altus derailuer.

My bike shipped with the HyperGlide 200 cassette which is designed for the Tourney TX series. So it's not just the wrong derailleur, it's the complete combination that isn't right. Its no wonder why my gears are grinding all the time.
IMG_20200829_104906__01.jpgScreenshot_20200901-122514__01.jpg

Dont get me started on the advertised 750w Shengyi motor that isnt on the bike. It happens to be an unknown (Banx?) that just so happens to have some sort of model number that begins with 48V500..... Hmmm. Like you said they claim its incorrectly labeled. Maybe Shimano incorrectly labeled these cassettes and derailuer too?

Last edited:
@Rizzo20 I confirmed with Wallke HQ the following and I apologize on their behalf of any confusion that was generated.

Why is the transmission not Altus, but Torney?

Due to the severe effect of coronavirus, the import of Shimano Altus was affected and shipment delayed. In order not to delay the production and delivery time of August Batch, we made a small diversion to Torney, also a very good quality shimano product. It is completely the same as the original one in function. We will change back the parameters in our next batch due to ship end of Sept.

Why is the motor label showed 48V500xxxx?

There is an error on the label of the motor when it left the factory. The motor cell is actually 750 W. When we found the error on the motor, the bikes were already packaged for shipping. The problem is that the label was misprinted but the performance is completely consistent as designed on a 750W. If we made a changes to the label, it would have delayed another three months. We don't think that the customers would want to wait for such a long time. Therefore,we kept the original label and we will print the right label on the motor in our next batch.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Back