Walk Assist?

danno

I recently bought a lightly used Trek XM700. I've read that the "walk assist" function has been disabled on USA versions of the bike, and mine is no exception. Is there a way to enable "walk assist" or is it permanently disabled?

[QUOTE=" Is there a way to enable "walk assist" or is it permanently disabled?[/QUOTE]
Congrats on the XM700. I bought one in Wisconsin last August, and I'm very happy with it.

The Walk Assist on mine works, I think because it was set up in Europe. Oddly, Walk Assist zooms up to around 12mph, far faster than I'd care to walk it.

I'm hoping that a firmware update will enable Walk Assist for all XM700's in the USA (preferably at an actual walking speed).

Best wishes,
David Thomas

Thanks David. I'm quite happy with my XM700 too.

That does seem kinda fast for the walk assist -- almost sounds like more of a throttle than anything else. Have there been firmware updates in the past?

Hey guys. This is actually a hardware and software change so it won't allow for it, even with the updates. The 2017 motors have the hardware to allow for it, but it's up to the OEM's to enable it.

I hope this helps.

I have a 2017 Cube bike with a Bosch CX motor, and walk assist is enabled. I am located in Denmark - Europe.

Hey guys. This is actually a hardware and software change so it won't allow for it, even with the updates. The 2017 motors have the hardware to allow for it, but it's up to the OEM's to enable it.

I hope this helps.

This is a hardware feature of the motor? From what I've heard, European models (including models before 2017) have this enabled but it's disabled on US models. My bike definitely has the walk assist button -- so from a hardware perspective it seems to be included -- but the button doesn't do anything...

Back