Voltbike - Interceptor , anyone with experience dealing with them?

Thanks, Bill for the kind words- we all appreciate when folks find value in the reviews. Let us know how that test ride on the Interceptor goes and post some pics if you bring it home!

I have read and watched every bit of information I could find on the Voltbike Yukon and I absolutely must have one. However, can anyone tell me if I can purchase the Voltbike Yukon Fat Bike with the 800/1000 watt direct drive motor that comes with the Interceptor?

I had an appointment today to test ride an Interceptor but the one assembled for me had a defect and the battery would not hold a charge. Also, when I sat on one it was a very poor fit for me. I am 5'8" and I seemed to have to bend forward and stretch my arms to reach the grips. It was very uncomfortable but I could live with it if the bike performed well enough. Unfortunately, I won't be able to find out how well it performs. The Interceptor seems better suited for very tall, young people.

[/QUOTE said:
I received an email from George today saying that the Interceptor is out of stock and he will have more in about 3 weeks. I look forward to actually riding it and adjusting the handlebar stem to make the fit livable for me. I am willing to somewhat sacrifice fit and comfort if this really is the best performing e-bike in Canada for anything less than double the price. I also developed an interest in their Urban which is extremely light at 39 pounds but will not be available until Oct. 4. I don't know if it is ok to ask about other bikes in this Interceptor thread but Court, do you think the seat on the Urban folding bike will come up high enough for proper leg extension for someone 5' 8"?

I have read and watched every bit of information I could find on the Voltbike Yukon and I absolutely must have one. However, can anyone tell me if I can purchase the Voltbike Yukon Fat Bike with the 800/1000 watt direct drive motor that comes with the Interceptor?

Hi Michael,

Voltbike Yukon 500w is using 8Fun motor with rated power 500w and peak power 800w or more. We believe this is more than enough for this kind of bike and frame. The bike is able to reach 20 MPH/32 KPH On Flat Ground with just using throttle (power on demand). When you pedal with the motor assist you can reach even more.

Just bought a voltbike urban for the spouse for Christmas. too much snow to give it a good test, but seems pretty nice. only issue I see so far is loose spokes on the rear wheel

Congrats on the new bike I hope they enjoy it! With all the snow on the ground there is plenty of time to get it all adjusted!

Hi Fidorama, I am glad you received your Voltbike Urban. First ride is always very exciting. I would appreciate if you share some feedback or photos after that.

I own Voltbike's Interceptor and can not find a battery for it or schematics if you know of any please send me a post.

Back