Voltbike Enduro swap DPC-10 for DPC-14?

2 questions: the OEM freewheel cassette will slide onto a freehub, no extra spacers or special tool? Center-locking spline disc brakes are installed with the same cassette tool? I'm new to these components, mostly bc ordering for a bike I do not possess yet.

2 questions: the OEM freewheel cassette will slide onto a freehub, no extra spacers or special tool? Center-locking spline disc brakes are installed with the same cassette tool? I'm new to these components, mostly bc ordering for a bike I do not possess yet.

The wheel that comes with the bike is a free hub not a free wheel so the cassette that comes with the bike directly fits on the Shimano mt15 which is also free hub. No extra spacers required only cassette tool is required for both the cassette and the brake discs. You can use any 8 speed cassette you like later as well. Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Awesome! I didn't know it was freehub OEM... that makes me feel slightly better, that can wait on the priority list a few knotches lower. And Alternative cassette ratios on the fly could be interesting too. I plan to hit some dirty hilly terrain on my off-time and then nice days commute on packed/road during the week utilizing the assist as fast as I can calibrate with gears with the display-18... Either way I/we will learn something from playing with it. Cassettes are relatively cheap too.... You're the my man! Thanks for replying! I'm getting the jump while the backorder taunts me. I can't wait for my email with the "shipped" note... BIG UGH...

The cassette only takes a few minutes to swap. I think the existing chain could run up to a 34t, but I find my 30t climbs all the SoCal mountains I throw at it. The neat thing about the mid drive motor is the torque but also how well it uses the gearing. It is very sensitive to what gear you are in and really uses it to its advantage. My brothers hub bike stalls out on the hill as I climb quickly away from him. The DPC-18 actually causes you to run out of higher gear as it allows the bike to go so much faster than stock. Getting near 30 mph you tend to wish you had even a higher gear available, but then I come to my senses and realize how darn fast 30mph on a bicycle really is and I slow down! My new flat land speed record currently stands at 36mph with a slight tailwind and 65 psi in the tires and level 5 assist.

Sorry for the unrelated question, but you mentioned being in contact with BAFANG directly. How did you manage that? I have not been able to get through to them via email or phone as of yet for parts ordering and questions for my enduro. Your enduro looks great with all the modding.

Seepirate, is there a reason you did not upgrade the rear shock? Any thoughts on what would be a good upgrade? Thanks

Last edited:
Back