Voltbike Bravo

jkvt

Hi,

We are looking at getting my father a Voltbike Bravo with the larger battery. I've been looking all over this forum trying to gauge whether or not it's a good fit for him and I'm not completely sure yet. Any significant issues anyone is noticing with this brand/model? I am good with tech and can usually do bike maintenance but he lives about 4 hours away so it is going to be hard for me to help if he runs into issues. It sounds like people have had varying degrees of satisfaction with Voltbike's customer service so that is one of my concerns. He is handy but not sure how handy when it comes to bikes so we are looking for something reasonably reliable that he won't have to do much work to himself, at least while the bike is still fairly new.

We are basically looking at this bike because it fits range, style and hopefully quality for what we are looking for and it seems like they will be back in stock fairly soon. If there's another similar bike someone suggests I'd be happy to hear about that too. We were going down the Aventon Pace 500 and Amego Infinite path first, but they don't seem to be coming back in stock anytime soon.

Thanks for any help!

Ok, thanks for the help folks! We actually found out the Aventon 500 in his size would be available in about a month so we went that way. Hopefully it ships about when they say it will!

As for VoltBike, I personally know people who bought Voltbike.
I would definitely make sure that they physically have a bike and it is actually ready to go.

Do not refer to their stock counting online. It's useless.
Even before pandemic, they would tell you that the bike will be ready in 5 days or so... and they will take over 2 months.

They're not scammers, if you call them, they will answer the phone.
Apparently, they're very nice people and they will offer refund and all that.. (if you prefer)

They do not talk abruptly or be rude to customers.
And if you already waited for 5 or 6 weeks, you feel like, might as well wait for 1 more week... so you call back next week, they will tell you 1 more week again... and again.

They're just, very disorganized. VoltBike will answer your phone call, and they do not try to take your money and run or anything.
But they're just so disorganized and make you wonder when will you actually receive your bike... or maybe they just forgot about you.
They seem like they're just all over the place.
I'd say not so much unorganized but, way busier than they can handle with the staff they have.
They are not fly by night for sure. CN

Hi,

We are looking at getting my father a Voltbike Bravo with the larger battery. I've been looking all over this forum trying to gauge whether or not it's a good fit for him and I'm not completely sure yet. Any significant issues anyone is noticing with this brand/model? I am good with tech and can usually do bike maintenance but he lives about 4 hours away so it is going to be hard for me to help if he runs into issues. It sounds like people have had varying degrees of satisfaction with Voltbike's customer service so that is one of my concerns. He is handy but not sure how handy when it comes to bikes so we are looking for something reasonably reliable that he won't have to do much work to himself, at least while the bike is still fairly new.

We are basically looking at this bike because it fits range, style and hopefully quality for what we are looking for and it seems like they will be back in stock fairly soon. If there's another similar bike someone suggests I'd be happy to hear about that too. We were going down the Aventon Pace 500 and Amego Infinite path first, but they don't seem to be coming back in stock anytime soon.

Thanks for any help!
My experience with Volt Bike has been very positive. I ordered the the Bravo and because I was local I picked up the bike in one week after I ordered it. The only issue was the front rack I ordered to be put on the bike was not in stock. It would have been nice if they had indicated that out of stock condition on their website. Hopefully it won't be to long before they get more stock in. I can tell you that they had a LOT of bikes built and ready to go so maybe they are starting to get more shipments from their suppliers.
As for the bike itself I can say I'm really enjoying it. It's early days so we'll see how things go once I've racked up some kilometers on it.
I was told that after 300 kilometers to bring it back in for a break in tuneup free of charge. That's an advantage of being reasonably local I suppose.

Back