Vibration at 16 mph

Yes. I'm happy to report that 90 percent of the vibration has been eliminated. The remaining vibration is much less pronounced and only surfaces under high torque. The bike is now much more enjoyable to ride. It seems strange that the foil isn't installed on every bike with a Bosch motor. That said, the folks from Bosch and Propel Bikes (where I purchased the bike) could not have been more helpful.

Good luck. I wish I had the skill to install the foil myself. Let me know how it goes.

Yes. I'm happy to report that 90 percent of the vibration has been eliminated. The remaining vibration is much less pronounced and only surfaces under high torque. The bike is now much more enjoyable to ride. It seems strange that the foil isn't installed on every bike with a Bosch motor. That said, the folks from Bosch and Propel Bikes (where I purchased the bike) could not have been more helpful.

Good luck. I wish I had the skill to install the foil myself. Let me know how it goes.

There's no dealer near where I live so I do it all by myself unfortunately. EBR actually has an old video on this damping foil thing on their previous channel. You can see that they're disassembling a Bosch motor and EBR guy (don't know his name sorry) keeps asking for the damping foil but they eventually find out that the mounting plate is the older version without damping foil. I'm not a mechanic myself either but It seems pretty easy to change the plate to a newer version. I ordered the part yesterday after reading your post, It usually takes 2 weeks to arrive from Germany. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:
Turns out damping foils are already installed by Trek so I just tightened some bolts and closed the lid up. Although vibration behaviour changed slightly, it hasn't gone away. I don't know that to do at this point. Any help is much appreciated.

Finally I still have vibrations with a different tires, just less and at more specific and close speed range. I can't keep it vibrating like my previous tire. On tarmac if I accelerate to top speed quickly I don't have any vibration, I just have it from time to time.

Back