Vibe H10 feels like motor is dragging

eleclogic

Region
United Kingdom
Very mixed feelings about my new Vibe H10. Out of the box it had the pink flashing light error and still doesn't charge correctly. When working, the power delivery feels just about right and what I had hoped for. Trouble is, the bike feels terrible with the assist off. It feels really heavy, almost like the motor is dragging. See below. It looks like I am applying the brake, but I am not. The dragging also only appears to be intermittent when riding.

I have now recentered the rear brake caliper and it seems better. Could this really have affected it that much?

When the motor cuts out at 15.5 mph (in the UK) the bike feels like the rear brake is on and so I almost get a stop/start rocking sensation when I hover at this speed when the motor cuts in and out which isn't great. I have made the bike approx 1kg lighter with lighter/thinner tyres and a few other bits. Would hope to get it even lighter as it still feels heavy to me. I was hoping to use no assist for most of the time and then just use it on the hills but it's still too heavy in my opinion. The main problem is that I ride a 10.9kg hybrid as my daily, so when I get on this it feels sooo heavy.

Sorry you haven't had any replies to this. I have the same bike but I have only had this problem with the motor dragging a couple of times and always at low speed. Once when climing and recently when pulling away. The last time it happened I also noticed the pink flashing light, but I turned it off and on again and it was alright. So I'm afraid it looks like a fault for the dealer to sort out.

Back