Cube Stereo Hybrid 120 pro 750 , 2023

Majid

Region
Europe
Hello Guys.

When I ride my e-bike without the motor assistance and solely pedal, I feel a resistance or drag that is impeding my acceleration. It feels like something is holding me back, making it more difficult to pedal and reducing my speed.
I have tried pedaling harder to overcome the resistance, but it seems to persist regardless of how hard I pedal. I have also checked the battery and motor, and they appear to be functioning properly.
I am unsure what might be causing this issue and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from the forum community on how to diagnose and fix the problem.
I have also checked brake disks and pads and must say when rear tire is on air and I pedal with hand, I feel no resistance and it turns fluently.

Best Regards

Majid, as you have already learnt from another thread, everything is OK with your e-bike. What you describe as "a drag" is the weight of your e-bike, knobby tyres, and air resistance. I am sure the motor assistance even in Eco mode is at least 100W mechanical. Your own leg input is what, 150 W? It is like you had another cyclist pedalling together with you! Get rid of those 100 W, and you perceive a drag. A known phenomenon!

Can you easily pedal over 25 km/h on your Euro e-bike when the assistance is automatically cut off? I think not. Still, it is easier to maintain the speed of 26-27 km/h without the assistance, as you have already gained the necessary kinetic energy thanks to the assistance up to 25 km/h.

The Cube stereo hybrid Court reviewed had the Bosch CX mid drive motor. https://electricbikereview.com/cube/stereo-hybrid-160-hpc-tm-625-27-5/
I've warned many times on this forum, bosch & most other mid-drives drag when unpowered. This model lacks a one way clutch to allow the rider to pedal without dragging the motor with his feet. Many other posters have informed me this is not a problem. As long as your route is all downhill, the one way clutch in the rear axle will allow you a resistance free ride. Having been left a half dozen times without power, and no longer having a mommy to come pick me up, I find riding home without power important. Mostly rain takes out the throttle, which would never be a problem on a bosch bike. Running down the battery is a problem with any electric bike that drags the motor with your feet. I've also had rain burn the wire harness into the controller (ASI, good only for desert riding), and I wore out a set of gears once.
The most expensive bosch mid-drive model, the Shimano Steps, the Yamaha, and Brose allow the rider to pedal unpowered without dragging the motor. 99% of geared hub motors have the one-way clutch, which is what I ride. My motor is mounted on the front wheel, which is not suitable for off-road climbing.

Last edited:
Hello Guys.

When I ride my e-bike without the motor assistance and solely pedal, I feel a resistance or drag that is impeding my acceleration. It feels like something is holding me back, making it more difficult to pedal and reducing my speed.
I have tried pedaling harder to overcome the resistance, but it seems to persist regardless of how hard I pedal. I have also checked the battery and motor, and they appear to be functioning properly.
I am unsure what might be causing this issue and would appreciate any advice or suggestions from the forum community on how to diagnose and fix the problem.
I have also checked brake disks and pads and must say when rear tire is on air and I pedal with hand, I feel no resistance and it turns fluently.

Best Regards
So you mean this happen because of weight and tyre ? but it feels really bad when you pedaling seems someone holding

So you mean this happen because of weight and tyre ? but it feels really bad when you pedaling seems someone holding
True fact. It was exactly my feeling for all three heavy e-bikes I used to own. The only e-bike different to those is my Vado SL of the nominal weight of 17 kg. It is hard to accelerate it from the cold start without the motor but once it is at speed, going beyond the 25 km/h (when the assistance is cut off) simply means more stiff thighs when you pedal that e-bike unassisted.

Back