Very disappointed with the Rize Mini!

RickS

After doing a lot of searching, I decided on the Rize Mini as a perfect bike for me. Unfortunately, I discovered that they no longer have one with mechanical brakes a1599, and you have to buy hydraulic brakes, and the price is up to 1999. This is not mentioned on either the rice or the Sparks websites. Not cool.

Not sure what you mean? I see both available on the website.

The extra $300 for the bigger battery and hydraulic brakes is well worth it.

I contacted them about this, and received a message back saying bikes only come with hydraulic brakes now and they are priced at 1999 and 2199 with the larger battery.

Website seems to offer both. Did you order and get a cancellation from them? Like Aquaman said, you are better off with the upgrades but if you don't want to upgrade it seems to be possible on the website.

It's not the bike you are disappointed with, it's whomever you are buying it from. The bike may be great!!!

It's not the bike you are disappointed with, it's whomever you are buying it from. The bike may be great!!!
I was in sales for 50 years before I retired. My last job was with the newspaper in advertising sales. If they change the price of the bike, that should be reflected on their websites, or somewhere in their online information. If I press the issue, I could probably get it for the price that they advertise on the existing website. I decided to get a lectric XP. 899. Not quite as many features as the Rize Mini, but also $1,100 cheaper. I will probably upgrade certain features on this, and I will still save hundreds of dollars. As far as hydraulic brakes and a larger battery are concerned, they are not really on my list of 'have to have's. Sent them a text asking them a question, and received a very nice text back the same day.

Just realized, were you quoted U.S. dollars or Canadian dollars?
Even if not, I am able to get to the "pay now" section of the website, getting the 16AH battery for $1600 with free shipping.

Last edited:
I was in sales for 50 years before I retired. My last job was with the newspaper in advertising sales. If they change the price of the bike, that should be reflected on their websites, or somewhere in their online information. If I press the issue, I could probably get it for the price that they advertise on the existing website. I decided to get a lectric XP. 899. Not quite as many features as the Rize Mini, but also $1,100 cheaper. I will probably upgrade certain features on this, and I will still save hundreds of dollars. As far as hydraulic brakes and a larger battery are concerned, they are not really on my list of 'have to have's. Sent them a text asking them a question, and received a very nice text back the same day.
The Lectric is very similar to the Ecotric 20" folder my wife has. You should be very pleased with the purchase and savings. You can upgrade the battery or buy a spare and still be around $1000. I have a 26" fat tire from Ecotric and have yet required the spare battery. I'm good for around 25mi rides and the std range handles that, as Im sure the Lectric will. As to upgrading. I allocated my savings over the purchase of a Rad Rover to allow upgrades. So far I have installed front suspension forks, $145 and a Brooks Flyer seat, $79. I decided against upgrading to hydraulic brakes because, even living in the mountains, the mechanical disks work great. Anyway, just my two sense. Enjoy!

Back