Vanmoof Electrified Vs Easy Motion Neo Cross

DavidB

Hi everybody, I'm completely new here. I want to know your thoughts about this:

Do you thing that pedal assit power on Vanmoof Electrified is so weak compairing to pedal assist power on Emotion Neo Cross? Both of them cost $3000 (Neo Cross with 12 ah Battery). I like to pedal and i want to ride to my work (11 km each trip) but without sweat. Vanmoof will be enough or i will need more power like on Neo Cross?.

Vanmoof is 41 pounds - pleasantly relatively light but I do not know much about the bike.

Hi everybody, I'm completely new here. I want to know your thoughts about this...
Hi David, welcome to the forum! Great question here... I tend to agree with Chris that the Neo Cross is the better bike to go with. It weighs a bit more but the weight is actually kept lower thanks to the downtube battery design. It also comes with a suspension fork that smoothes out the ride. One of the big letdowns for me when testing the Vanmoof Electrified 3 was how stiff it felt. I also like the ability to use the throttle occasionally (though I mostly rely on assist). I think both bikes blend in well, both are quiet and look decent but the support and warranty from Easy Motion wins me over. I also like the removable display that shows your speed, distance and battery capacity vs. the extremely minimal/futuristic take that Vanmoof has taken. Hope this helps, would love to hear your thoughts after testing the bikes yourself or buying one vs. the other.

Thank you very much. In this moment I like Neo Cross the more. I think it is stronger and faster and the battery will be ideal for my trips. Vanmoof looks great but I will be worried about warranty and customer support. Easy motion seems to be a serious company. I am not sure about choose one. What about top speeds on pedal assist mode? I'm 5'9" tall which will be the best for my size? On Neo Cross should I buy M or L size? Thanks for your help. I'll be around.

Thank you very much. In this moment I like Neo Cross the more. I think it is stronger and faster and the battery will be ideal for my trips. Vanmoof looks great but I will be worried about warranty and customer support. Easy motion seems to be a serious company. I am not sure about choose one. What about top speeds on pedal assist mode? I'm 5'9" tall which will be the best for my size? On Neo Cross should I buy M or L size? Thanks for your help. I'll be around.
At 5'9" you'll definitely want to go with a medium.

Finally received the Vanmoof this Tuesday, and just actually rode it today. I got it to occasionally ride to work (5 miles flat), liked that it doesn't look electric, and is pretty light. Yes if you have some decent hills, the Vanmoof is NOT for you unless you want a bit of a workout. And the light battery pack was pretty much drained after 90min. Now I have to contact service, because the nut for the seat height clamp stripped the first time used it.

why are u set on a neo cross? why not a cross carbon or a mid drive system.

If you're going to buy a Cross or a Carbon, I have both bikes and I'd opt for the Cross. Both bikes are very capable and that's the reason I'd buy the Cross, less money, not sacrificing anything. Mid-drives.....yes, yes, yes. If you're willing to do the conversion, a 36V - 500W mid-drive is a very good option, and potentially a significant savings.

Court J.

Back