Vado to Vado

Copyrider

Hello from San Francisco.

Just picked up my Vado SL 4.0 yesterday and have only had time to take one 10-mile ride so far. However, it is incredible!

I'm relatively new to E-bikes, but even so, I can't imagine a much more perfect fit for my needs: about a 70-30 split between commuting and recreation.

I say I'm relatively new because I owned a regular Vado 4.0 for about 6 months just prior to sheltering in place. That bike was stolen, when my neighbor accidentally left our garage door open all night. Anyway, I was eager to replace my bike, but as I didn't have an immediate need for commuting, decided to do some reading and watch some vids to make sure I got the right one to replace my beloved Vado...and I fully expected that to be another regular Vado.

The timely release of the Vado SL caught my eye last month, though, and I am in love with this new bike!

I'll post some comparison/impressions of the two in the main forum. Looking forward to the continued discussion.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the bike! Photos would be nice!

Bike thieves should be strung up!
FFB2B0C8-2F3C-4E15-9A18-AA6878A77A4E.jpeg

Hello from San Francisco.

Just picked up my Vado SL 4.0 yesterday and have only had time to take one 10-mile ride so far. However, it is incredible!

I'm relatively new to E-bikes, but even so, I can't imagine a much more perfect fit for my needs: about a 70-30 split between commuting and recreation.

I say I'm relatively new because I owned a regular Vado 4.0 for about 6 months just prior to sheltering in place. That bike was stolen, when my neighbor accidentally left our garage door open all night. Anyway, I was eager to replace my bike, but as I didn't have an immediate need for commuting, decided to do some reading and watch some vids to make sure I got the right one to replace my beloved Vado...and I fully expected that to be another regular Vado.

The timely release of the Vado SL caught my eye last month, though, and I am in love with this new bike!

I'll post some comparison/impressions of the two in the main forum. Looking forward to the continued discussion.
Greetings from Virginia. I got the same bike a couple of weeks ago. I agree, it’s terrific. id been shopping for months and had moved from internet bikes that were too heavy and lacked local support, to bikes sold by local dealers, but they were either too expensive or too heavy or both. The Vado SL was too expensive too, but my budget had been getting adjusted to fit reality and the SL fit the bill.

Greetings from Virginia. I got the same bike a couple of weeks ago. I agree, it’s terrific. id been shopping for months and had moved from internet bikes that were too heavy and lacked local support, to bikes sold by local dealers, but they were either too expensive or too heavy or both. The Vado SL was too expensive too, but my budget had been getting adjusted to fit reality and the SL fit the bill.
I was also quite amazed at how quickly I was able to normalize considerations for bikes in this price range.

Budgets? We don’t need no stinking budgets!
I wonder how many members who read that get the cultural reference. Great movie, with great cast, with a line that has been appropriated a zillion times. My favorite use is with South Asian food - do you know what that word would be?

I wonder how many members who read that get the cultural reference. Great movie, with great cast, with a line that has been appropriated a zillion times. My favorite use is with South Asian food - do you know what that word would be?

Drawing a blank on the food reference. How about a reference to fans of the University of Wisconsin-Madison?

Drawing a blank on the food reference. How about a reference to fans of the University of Wisconsin-Madison?

A Bhaji, which is a vegetable fritter, sometimes called Pakoras as well. A very popular version is an Onion Bhaji - delicious! Not sure if the naming convention is for Pakistani or Indian versions, but probably regional.

Ohhhh, Onion Bhaji are delicious! I haven't had any for years. You just made my mouth water.

(How come we're talking about these delicacies in a Vado thread? :) )

[HowQUOTE="Mtl_Biker, post: 288406, member: 25216"]
Ohhhh, Onion Bhaji are delicious! I haven't had any for years. You just made my mouth water.

(How come we're talking about these delicacies in a Vado thread? :) )
[/QUOTE]
How could a EBR thread ever go off topic?

Back