Vado SL Availability

They have been in stock and on display here in Northern Virginia at Spokes. Can’t say about elsewhere, but it seems that specialized shipped a bunch of bikes in December and January.

Since it’s been almost a year since the SL debuted - May - I suspect that the next batches will be for an updated model, even if those updates are slight. Updates that may be driven by the supply chain as much as new technology.

I am actually picking mine up at Spokes this Saturday. It's weird that when I tried to do research on the Vado 5.0 SL, most reviews were from the UK. Surprised that the bike debuted almost a year ago and not many mainstream review sites have reviewed it yet. Perhaps that was also due to Covid.

I hope they don't come out with a new model every year. How do people handle upgrading every two or three years? Do these bikes hold their value if you try to upgrade in a year or two?

I am actually picking mine up at Spokes this Saturday. It's weird that when I tried to do research on the Vado 5.0 SL, most reviews were from the UK. Surprised that the bike debuted almost a year ago and not many mainstream review sites have reviewed it yet. Perhaps that was also due to Covid.

I hope they don't come out with a new model every year. How do people handle upgrading every two or three years? Do these bikes hold their value if you try to upgrade in a year or two?
Neither of the dealers in my area has ever seen one, nor are they expecting any on order. They do have 4.0s, but there must be some components of the 5.0 that is in short supply. Or at least that's my guess.

Since I started riding my Vado 4.0 again recently, I am in less of a hurry to look to upgrade. Again, I'll have to see how my back holds up over the season and make a decision late in the riding season.

I don't think we will see much of an update to the Vado SL's until after the Creo line is updated since they share the same motor system. I don't think I've heard of ebikes holding their value. I think of them as perishable and you have to use them up by riding as much as possible.

One disadvantage of the SL is that there is no low-step option. I've never had a low-step bike, but in some ways I wish I had gone that route with my Vado and would consider it for any future bike
Posted last night in the step-through thread, new Turbo Como SL 5.0 step through using the Mahle mid-drive system and an Alfine IGH

Last edited:
Posted last night in the step-through thread, new Turbo Como SL 5.0 step through using the Mahle mid-drive system and an Alfine IGH
Very interesting bike. Does it then have some sort of "transmission" in the hub since belt drive eliminates the possibility of derailleur shifting.

Back