Vado SL 5.0 kick stand

Actually, when I lost the plug, I tried finding a threaded screw to plug the hole. That's when I realized it was not threaded but a through-hole. So, yes, I guess I could come up with screws and bolts that go through the chain stay.

My heel occasionally hits the plug and slowly pulls it out. By the way, here's what the rubber plugs look like:

View attachment 90254
Just looked at my Vado SL and saw the thru holes. You are correct screws and bolts would do the trick, best option would be nylon screws.

Just looked at my Vado SL and saw the thru holes. You are correct screws and bolts would do the trick, best option would be nylon screws.
I like the nylon idea. Time for a trip to the hardware store. Although, Specialized did send me two extra pairs of the plugs. So I have three extra at the moment.

I think if kahn hits the plug with a heel a kickstand would not be a good idea
You definitely have a point. It may be that I cant my heels or left heel inward and strike the area where the plugs fit. I actually noticed that my left heel was hitting something but did not know what it was initially. I will just have to find convenient posts, fences or picnic tables to lean my bike against. But I've not had a kickstand on a bike in about 60 years.

You definitely have a point. It may be that I cant my heels or left heel inward and strike the area where the plugs fit. I actually noticed that my left heel was hitting something but did not know what it was initially. I will just have to find convenient posts, fences or picnic tables to lean my bike against. But I've not had a kickstand on a bike in about 60 years.
I understood why serious riders remove kickstands. My brother was a roadie a half century ago, and I have hit mine on an old tree root just a few weeks ago.

Back