Vado 3.0: Worn out cassette after 450 miles

@como813:
Do you actively shift on your rides to maintain cadence > 70? Do you ease on pedals or stop pedalling upon the gear shift? Do you perhaps abuse Turbo mode or Sport mode? Do you clean, degrease and lube your chain often? Have you been for the derailleur adjustment at the LBS after first 200 miles ridden?

450 miles is not very much. People often experience drive-train issues (and these are expensive) after they bought an e-bike. The smallest cogs on my cassette got worn first after over 1000 miles ridden mostly because I ignored the chain wear (was not aware how important that was, didn't know how to measure it etc). The next cassette damage occurred after over 2000 miles ridden. That was the time when I have had enough and took interest in how to take care of the drive-train.

upgrade to 48 tooth chain ring.
That might be unnecessary Douglas. Could be done of course. It is not easy to buy things such as proper chainguard nowadays, and many users stay on their original chainring - perhaps Como813 has some hills to climb in his neighbourhood?

Back