Upgrade to 2.8 tyre

Bertyo

I have a xduro allmnt pro 2016 it's running a DT Swiss ex1501 25mm I'd rim does anyone know if I can jump up to a 2.8 + size tyre ? According to this pic it's ok by there guidence but will it clear the frame and forks?, and do I go tube or tubeless thanks Berty

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 502
I have a xduro allmnt pro 2016 it's running a DT Swiss ex1501 25mm I'd rim does anyone know if I can jump up to a 2.8 + size tyre ? According to this pic it's ok by there guidence but will it clear the frame and forks?, and do I go tube or tubeless thanks Berty

Anything less than 35-40mm rim is a no go for +sized tires.
WTB and Schwalbe Supermotox come in 2.8" sizes.
Going tubeless reduces the rotating mass but don't go tubeless on a 25mm rim.

Tell me why you shouldn't go tubeless on a 25mm rim?

I knew you would reply this Eddie! :)
That was in respect to going to tubeless with a 2.8" tire on 25mm rims. I was on mobile and did not mother correcting it.
Do you still want my elevation gain info... you're welcome to check out my Strava. Oh! Strava has a glitch and even though I put it as E-bike ride, it shows KOM.

Sorry Ravi, I deleted on the cross over of your reply, when I realised that you were talking high volume. :)

I don't think that there is a glitch with Strava, as my ebike rides are now showing KOM's as well. I suspect that there is now a catch up where ebike KOM's are slowly being registered outside of the normal pedal bike KOM's

I'm running tubeless Schwalbe Big Apples on my xDuro 29 and really like them.

Solid, smooth, and no more flats. I had been getting multiple flats per day on the OEM Racing Ralphs or whatever they were. I ride on a canal trail that often had goat head thorns all over it.

Back