Updates available for Kiox, app and portal

I note on my Kiox display and in my eConnect app on my phone that here are updates to the Kiox software. New functions such as a premium locking feature are mentioned.

Has anybody been able to update their Kiox or their iPhone app? My Kiox software version is 1.0.4.3.

If you were successful, please share the steps you took.

Thanks

I upgraded my Kiox last night to 2.0.x.x.x, it was simple but patience was required. All i did was place my portable on my front carrier and the bike turned on, left both devices plugged in and on, went back to look after twenty minutes and it was done. I didn't do anything other than make sure i was connected via the bosch eBike app. Weird thing is my wife's Kiox didn't show an update for hers even though both bikes are identical.
All i can see from the update it provided the Kiox lock feature from the "Store". Once the Kiox is removed from the eBike it turns the motor into a brick until the Kiox is returned. It cost $11.99 cdn for 24 months which i found a bit cheesy, should be included in the system. I did purchase it and will do the same for the wife's bike once her portable has the update downloaded.

Same here, with patience I was able to upgrade my Kiox to the 2.0.0.0.
I have a question: is normal that the bluetooth range between Kiox and iPhone XS Max is only 15 cm?

With other devices the range is absolutely normal.

Massimo

Same here, with patience I was able to upgrade my Kiox to the 2.0.0.0.
I have a question: is normal that the bluetooth range between Kiox and iPhone XS Max is only 15 cm?

With other devices the range is absolutely normal.

Massimo
Yes with my Samsung portable it didn't work when the bike was more than a room away. Once touching each other they seemed to get along.

Thanks Theguvna,
I think that I have a problem with Kiox range because mine does not work if is more than 7 inch from my phone.

sorry for OT

Massimo

Grazie

Is the new "Lock" feature worth the $8.99 fee, my R&M Superdelite 2020 doesnt allow you to change the assist from OFF (default on start) or even the gears (Rohloff) when the Kiox is removed by default. What does the add-on do differently?

I have the same 2020 Superdelite Rohloff and Kiox - I purchased the lock feature and it completely locks out the motor assist when you remove the display from the bike (like a key). It can only be unlocked by the Kiox you set up in connection with your ebike account so you cannot use a different Kiox to unlock. It does not provide any mechanical locking for the bike.

I highly recommend the "lock" feature for Kiox.
Thieves simply can't pedal away.
So to get to the bottom of this, does it:
  1. lock (electronically) the motor, as in provide active resistance against pedaling the bike
    OR
  2. does it just prevent the motor from providing forward assistance, as in I can still use human power pedaling to ride away (like when the bike is turned off
?

So to get to the bottom of this, does it:
  1. lock (electronically) the motor, as in provide active resistance against pedaling the bike
    OR
  2. does it just prevent the motor from providing forward assistance, as in I can still use human power pedaling to ride away (like when the bike is turned off
?

1. No. It does not electronically lock the motor.
    Something similar was implemented in the Stromer bike but that was a gearless direct drive and they were able to do it by pushing the regen to 400% or something like that.

2. Basically, it removes the "e" aspect of the bike. Even if the battery is connected, the motor won't provide power at all. So, basically it becomes a heavy bike. If you had Rohloff in 14th gear, thieves would find it extremely hard to pedal the bike away.
    Combine this with a ABUS alarm lock, it should provide decent security for your bike.

1. No. It does not electronically lock the motor.
    Something similar was implemented in the Stromer bike but that was a gearless direct drive and they were able to do it by pushing the regen to 400% or something like that.

2. Basically, it removes the "e" aspect of the bike. Even if the battery is connected, the motor won't provide power at all. So, basically it becomes a heavy bike. If you had Rohloff in 14th gear, thieves would find it extremely hard to pedal the bike away.
    Combine this with a ABUS alarm lock, it should provide decent security for your bike.

So the only actual function of this addon is to not allow another Kiox? As is, without the add-on, when I remove my Kiox, the bike doesnt allow shifting (Rohloff) or switching assistance from OFF (the default setting). I'm guessing the functionality and fee is for maintaining a database of bike-to-kiox matches.

My name is Saad and I would like to ask, if the kiox lock feature is avaible with Bosch performance line cx gen 2/3. My bike is born with the kiox display, and It is the riese and muller delite mountain rohloff 2019 model bike. I have read on bosch website that It is only the new versions, Is it correct or will the bike only need a software update?

My name is Saad and I would like to ask, if the kiox lock feature is avaible with Bosch performance line cx gen 2/3. My bike is born with the kiox display, and It is the riese and muller delite mountain rohloff 2019 model bike. I have read on bosch website that It is only the new versions, Is it correct or will the bike only need a software update?

You will be able to update to the Kiox display. It is compatible with your bike.

Back