Upcoming sales?

tgianco

Region
USA
City
Folsom, CA
While I obsess about which ebike will be my upgrade, there is also the internal debate about whether I should buy now (keep in mind, I have an ebike now which works perfectly fine, but I WANT the newer features on newer bikes... mine's 4+ yrs old) or wait until later this spring?
I've seen several threads on different manufacturers sub-forums that there were a lot of very good sales around April last year.
Yes, I know I can pull the trigger now, but will I save a few hundred $$$ by waiting a month or so?
I also know that none of you has a crystal ball, but has anyone seen good sales in March/ April as the weather warms?

While I obsess about which ebike will be my upgrade, there is also the internal debate about whether I should buy now (keep in mind, I have an ebike now which works perfectly fine, but I WANT the newer features on newer bikes... mine's 4+ yrs old) or wait until later this spring?
I've seen several threads on different manufacturers sub-forums that there were a lot of very good sales around April last year.
Yes, I know I can pull the trigger now, but will I save a few hundred $$$ by waiting a month or so?
I also know that none of you has a crystal ball, but has anyone seen good sales in March/ April as the weather warms?
I understand the upgrade bug well. I'm also suffering from cabin fever here in Northern New England.

While I have not tracked pricing year to year, I can't think of any good reason why prices would decrease as the demand increases in the Spring. If you want to save money on your next upgrade, the rule of thumb would be to wait until peak season ends. I also suspect there will be a correction/stabilization in the marketplace given the recent glut in the supply chain.

@Doggyman1202 Agreed. I've been reading up on the subject, and the best sales on ebikes are when demand is the lowest (Labor Day is the best, but good deals through Feb... maybe early March). The other thing keeping me a little at bay is that there are newer models coming out in the next month or two (I know Himiway, Velotric and a couple of others have releases coming in March & April... even Aventon came out w/ a new e-mtn bike this week). I'd pull the trigger on the Evolo Omega TODAY, but the complete lack of suspension throws me. Same with the Ride1Up Prodigy V2, but the complete lack of throttle-only (I've wiped out a few times... once where I couldn't pedal after) keeps me from going ahead there.

@Doggyman1202 Agreed. I've been reading up on the subject, and the best sales on ebikes are when demand is the lowest (Labor Day is the best, but good deals through Feb... maybe early March). The other thing keeping me a little at bay is that there are newer models coming out in the next month or two (I know Himiway, Velotric and a couple of others have releases coming in March & April... even Aventon came out w/ a new e-mtn bike this week). I'd pull the trigger on the Evolo Omega TODAY, but the complete lack of suspension throws me. Same with the Ride1Up Prodigy V2, but the complete lack of throttle-only (I've wiped out a few times... once where I couldn't pedal after) keeps me from going ahead there.
I have the Omega, and my Priority Current is similar in most respects to the Prodigy V2. I'm not a fan of throttles myself, (I am thinking about removing it altogether from the Omega, so I can comply with local ordinances when I ride in Mass. and Maine). The Omega ride is plenty soft and "cushy" with the wide tires as it is. A suspension seat post and upgraded saddle should satisfy most riders I would think.

I have the Omega, and my Priority Current is similar in most respects to the Prodigy V2. I'm not a fan of throttles myself, (I am thinking about removing it altogether from the Omega, so I can comply with local ordinances when I ride in Mass. and Maine). The Omega ride is plenty soft and "cushy" with the wide tires as it is. A suspension seat post and upgraded saddle should satisfy most riders I would think.

Thanks. I understand about the throttle, as I rarely use it. However, I get the occasional jones to go single-track and ride aggressively (my wife doesn't like it, but you can't take the 15 yr old boy out of the 53 yr old man), which leads to wipeouts, which leads to injuries, which leads to not being able to pedal home/ back, which leads to using the throttle (a couple fo times in the last 4 years... once last week!). It's my "break the glass in case of fire" option, purely for safety when i get too unhinged. :)

I have an ebike now which works perfectly fine, but I WANT the newer features on newer bikes... mine's 4+ yrs old
Along with many others, I always have my eyes open for my next bike. Mine is 6 yrs old now with well over 10K miles. I'm curious what some of these "newer" features are.

My current bike has front fork and seatpost suspension, 500 watt rear hub motor, dual batteries, hyd disk brakes, 10 spd electronic shifting, 6 levels of PAS, throttle, cruise control, both torque & cadence sensors, and mag wheels. The only things I would like to have are full rear suspension, a brighter integrated headlight and a fancy multi colored, multi function computerized display. Aside from rear suspension, the light & display could be added if I keep the bike.

Granted, some of the above are modifications but all are well integrated into the bike, and all work perfectly. What am I missing? What additional features are available on new bikes?

Back