Unlimited Budget, but want the biggest bang for my buck

As for keeping an ebike clean. I wash mine just like an ordinary bicycle, just with the battery removed. No pressure washer! (Not even on a regular bicycle). Once the bike is is clean and rinsed, I wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and put it away to dry completely before relubing the chain. I don't spray the display though, I just wipe that down with a damp cloth.

Magnum has been available overseas for a number of years and has only recently entered the US market. It's not a brand new company.

Eventually Luna will put the Chinese garbage to rest and will make it possible to buy a good ol made in the U.S.A. product again hopefully. Their darn sure trying and I don't see nothing wrong with that, they just need a little more support and a little less haters. There's nothing "Motorcycle " about the apex just good modern technology. Eric is a smart dude and he's doing a lot for the ebike industry, he's just trying to cut out the slow boat from China. That's a good thing unless you want to support China's economy.

Eventually Luna will put the Chinese garbage to rest and will make it possible to buy a good ol made in the U.S.A. product again hopefully. Their darn sure trying and I don't see nothing wrong with that, they just need a little more support and a little less haters. There's nothing "Motorcycle " about the apex just good modern technology. Eric is a smart dude and he's doing a lot for the ebike industry, he's just trying to cut out the slow boat from China. That's a good thing unless you want to support China's economy.

You're suggesting he will be making frames in the United States? Not sure that would be a good business decision.

They are going to build bikes without the "chinese garbage " ? Good luck with that.

HELP: Would appreciate thoughts on buying my first e-bike. It MUST be from a local shop as I like to support local businesses, prefer to deal with a human in person, and I’m not handy.
So, from those carried locally what are your thoughts on the Electra Townie Go!, Magnum Peak and Mangum +, and the iZip E3 Dash.
Thanks!

For the most bang for the buck, I went for a Magnum Metro+. The Juiced Bike is very similar but I went for Magnum only because it's an older (?) more established company than Juiced.
Also, when I was doing research, I try to keep in mind on what I have to add to the bike after, such as a rear bike rac, derailleur guard and fenders. Magnum had all that included, whereas other bikes that I looked at similar price range were extra.

You're suggesting he will be making frames in the United States? Not sure that would be a good business decision.
Could be done but I'm talking more in the line of the power, Chinese haven't got the market cornered. Custom frames are doable you have to be set up and I'm not saying mass produced , custom and affordable. I'm just saying Chinese is junk. Every once in a while they come out with something good like the ultra but anybody can get them I just think as demand gets bigger in the U.S we will come up with our own and I think Eric at Luna will be the one. Either way, I think DIY is the way it go. You know what your getting and you can get exactly what you want. There's nothing hard about having a sweat shop build a bunch of cheap bikes and putting your name on it, you get what they pay for not what you pay for. Well usually you pay for it up front anyway so your the only one with anything to lose or get stuck with a P.O.S. especially if you buy one with an integrated battery, then your left with a battery that doesn't work on anything else. Go figure ? J.S.

I put 1500 miles on a Sondors Fat, then wanted a different kind of ride. I bought a Haibike XDURO Full Seven S RX. It is a class 3 bike, 28mph, but no throttle. The Bosch mid drive will actually pull the suspension forks up in Turbo mode, so don't need a throttle as long as you can just move your legs. Large dia. rotors and hydraulic brakes to haul you quickly to a stop from 28mph. Then I bought a second bike, a Haibike XDURO Trekking S RX. Same Bosch mid drive, 28mph. But it has a 500whr battery instead of the 400 on the mtb. It also has smaller gravel type tires, full fenders, a rear rack, and 10 speeds vs 11. I've now put on 2500 miles on the two Haibikes, the Sondors collects dust in the corner until snow flies in the winter. I'm crazy about the quality and precision of Haibike and Bosch.
What is a good price for the haibike

My budget is pretty high, since I use my bike more than my car. I'd love something that will last a long time. I bought a Sonders ebike for Burning Man and fell in love. It was only $700 and was the most fun I've ever had on a bicycle. So I'm ready to buy one for daily use now. Of course I'd like to spend as little as necessary but would like something nice.

Me: 220 lbs, 6'1", commute about 5 miles round trip daily. I will likely pedal most of the time unless I'm late for a meeting. On weekends is when I'd like to turn on the power, will be riding through the hills on 20 mile rides. Pedal assist would be ideal but would like full power possibly for the ride home.

Any recommendations?
What did you decide to purchase ?

Back