UK Ebikers on here

Had my bike a month now rode 350 miles so far all on road prefer that to off road best buy in my 70 years hills and quite a few in yorkshire are no trouble now.

Thats going some mate well done you . I do a mix but mostly tracks I hate the road as drivers not all are very agressive with their driving at times. What bike you got?

good to see you are enjoying the benefits of an ebike - many more hills to explore in your neck of the woods

Thats going some mate well done you . I do a mix but mostly tracks I hate the road as drivers not all are very agressive with their driving at times. What bike you got?
hi i have an Apache manitou with bosch active plus motor it is a checz made bike.I prefer road as wary of falling on off road i have one metal knee should have had other done but cancelled due covid and had heart op.

Live in the US now, but born n raised on the other side of the Humber, which was then wasn't and is now Lincolnshire again!!

Live in the US now, but born n raised on the other side of the Humber, which was then wasn't and is now Lincolnshire again!!
is it just as flat in us as where you lived in uk,might get back to us one day we usually go once a year to florida

We're in Ohio which has a similar landscape, some rolling hills but nothing serious. We do have a valley close by that we get to ski/snowboard on in winter, but nothing to shake a stick at. Pennsylvania, a neighbouring state, has more hills and some beautiful countryside that we hope to explore more of. We have a caravan and like to take weekend trips, but with 5 kids and their gear we have limited space!! The older ones are transitioning out of the trips though and I just added a regular bike rack on the A-frame to carry the kids non-ebikes.

Hi that sounds a bit familer i have a caravan but take grandkids away all summer,but this might be last they are getting older but bike on a frame now that is made me think because e bike is a lot heavier than bike i used to take on car,will look in to this check nose wieght with bike on!

Nose weight (or tongue weight as its known this side of the pond) is an issue with an ebike. The carrier I installed (Jack-It) fits over the electric tongue jack and puts the bike rack over the top of the gas bottles. It weighs about 25lb itself and can hold two bikes or one heavier one with a max weight of 80lb I think. Hitches are quite different in the US and I can only consider this option because I have what's called a weight distribution hitch. If we're taking the ebikes then they're going inside, over the top of the dinette table (in it's lowered position) mounted on fork blocks, with their weight almost directly on top of the caravan axles. I would also consider putting regular bikes on a roof rack of the tow vehicle, but that's where the kayak would be AND I have a tall vehicle which makes it more of a pain!! My parents and grandparents had caravans for a long time, and unless they've changed the design of the A-frame, I don't think its a viable option for you.

Here's what it looks like!

Jack-It_web.jpg

Yes that is a no go for me i carry my road bike on car tailgate normally i think electric will travel in van.In all trips to US never seen caravans always camper van or RV as you call them.Maybe might even leave electric at home in summer down south where we go its very flat and road bike is great along worthing sea front.

UK born and bred. In the Midlands.
Regarding the carrying of an ebike on the car. I have a Thule Velocompact towbar mounted rack for two bikes. My wife's ebike is about 21kg and mine is 15 kg which is well below the recommended limit of 46 kg on this carrier . Have used it a lot this summer in the UK and very pleased with it indeed. No more hoisting the bikes up onto a rack. I can hardly lift my wife's ebike off the ground. Extremely secure and am not aware whilst driving.

hi
from county Durham (north east) had my supercharger GX Rholoff e-14 just over 2 years now great piece of kit ...not rode any of my other bikes since i bought it

wwhorlton bridge.jpg

Hi all from the UK South Yorkshire.

Are there any ebikers on here from the UK
Ayup Rattler. U.K and North Yorkshire (Gods Country). I have a Ecotric Fat26. Owned for about 8month now. Had a Coyote Lexington 5kw but sold that on for a more modest 500w model.

Ayup Rattler. U.K and North Yorkshire (Gods Country). I have a Ecotric Fat26. Owned for about 8month now. Had a Coyote Lexington 5kw but sold that on for a more modest 500w model.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-092404_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210501-092404_Chrome.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 215
Back