Turbo X Tubeless ready?

ROJA

Anyone know if the 2017 Turbo X wheels are tubeless ready? How can I tell?

FRONT HUBSpecialized, Hi Lo disc, alloy, RCC bearing system, QR, 36hSPOKESStainless, 2.3/2.0/2.0mmRIMS700c, disc, alloy, double-wall, pin joint, 36hFRONT TIRESpecialized Trigger Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x47mmREAR TIRESpecialized Trigger Sport, 60TPI, wire bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x47mm

Also, how can I tell what width tires I can use? The bike came with 47 mm stock. Could I put on 2.0 tires (about 50 mm) or smaller (38mm)?

Yes. Pretty much all modern double-wall rims are 'tubeless ready'. You need to get some 25mm Stans Yellow Tape, 45mm valves and sealant.
It is indeed the tires more than the rims that make the difference in tubeless success.

You can mount 50mm tires which I have done even with fenders. I have the Schwalbe Marathon Almotion 50mm tires; you could also use the Marathon Supreme but the TL-Easy version comes in a max of 40mm. I appreciate the extra volume (comfort) and grip of the wider tyre. It is a very grippy tyre including in the wet which is why I bought it. Expensive and not especially long-lasting are the downsides.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/tour-reader/marathon-almotion.html
They sing when you are riding at speed :)

Interesting - I actually got a prompt reply from Specialized:

Hello ROJA!

Thank you for reaching out! Unfortunately, it looks like that rim and tire is not tubeless ready. I hope this helps!

Best,

Morgan

And I ordered the Almotions (planning to use them with tubes) - thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:
Back