Turbo levo HT Comp Fat Bike Review [External]

James Kohls

Have been struggling to find reviews of Specialized's Levo HT Comp Fat Bike. Thought I would post this review I found in case others are interested:

Introduction:
https://fat-bike.com/2016/10/product-spotlight-2017-specialized-turbo-levo-ht-comp-fat-bike/

Full Review:
https://fat-bike.com/2017/01/may-i-assist-you-specialized-turbo-levo-fat-review-by-craig-smith/

Specialized Product Page:
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

gUso3W5.jpg

I've been looking at a Bulls E-Stream EVO FS 27.5 Plus with a 650Wh battery. There is no tuning option

Actually, there is some sort of tuning. It's very straight forward.
We have tuned few Brose motors to suit the riders' preference but it doesn't increase the top end speed.
If you are looking for speed tuning, it's possible to swap out the motor for a 350W S-pedelec motor or You can get a EVO 45 bike and put 2.8" tires.

Brose Tuning.jpg

Now, Specialized uses their own firmware matched the Brose motor and I am not certain if this can be done on Specialized bikes but it's not too hard of a problem at all.

The Levo FSR I rode had some really good tunability within the companion app (Mission Control). I found that I rode the bike at 40% of max output which made it a very nice all-round ride, and the battery life then was superb. 100% was great for carpark demonstrations but felt like too much torque for regular riding.
The Brose motor is outputting 90Nm through the gears, so 40% of that is perhaps 35Nm or what you can expect from a typical rearhub eMTB - and you still have gears to work with.
For the record I ride my roadgoing Turbo in Turbo mode 100% of the time so I'm not one of those purists that only turns up the power for special events...

Actually, there is some sort of tuning. It's very straight forward.
We have tuned few Brose motors to suit the riders' preference but it doesn't increase the top end speed.
If you are looking for speed tuning, it's possible to swap out the motor for a 350W S-pedelec motor or You can get a EVO 45 bike and put 2.8" tires.

View attachment 14312

Now, Specialized uses their own firmware matched the Brose motor and I am not certain if this can be done on Specialized bikes but it's not too hard of a problem at all.

Does that have to be done by a dealer or can the connecting dongle and software be purchased @Ravi Kempaiah ?

I've had my S-Works Levo (530Wh battery, instead of the 460Wh battery standard on the lower Levo models) on an 18-mile ride with a 2000-ft elevation gain, and only used 35% of the battery. That is, keeping the bike in "eco" mode the whole time, basically 25% power assist, with 100% "peak" available when needed. When I first bought the bike, I considered getting a spare battery right off the bat, but after a few rides I realized I haven't ever come close to using it all.

That being said, if you ride in Trail or Turbo mode on the trails and are trying to really rip it... I noticed substantially less battery life (well, duh!).

I got mine a few days back, a fsr fattie. I rode it locally on full power and ate through the battery. Today I did 22mile mostly in eco, with the odd blast in trail or turbo for some bad climbs and got back with 60% remaining.
I will take it around Llandegla trail center a few times and work out which is best. I also intend to take it up Snowdon too, which should be a proper work out

Back