Turbo Creo Clicking

JPanzer

Region
USA
My 2021 Specialized Turbo Creo has developed a clicking noise from the vicinity of the motor. The noise only happens after riding eight or ten miles. And, it always happens when the drive side crank is at 3 o'clock. And, it occurs irrespective of the load and whether the motor is on or off. It is not my pedals - I tried changing them. It is not the chainring - because the chainring floats free of the crank, it can be at any position in its rotation. Lastly, for the past day or so, there is occasionally a double click where there had been a single. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

My 2021 Specialized Turbo Creo has developed a clicking noise from the vicinity of the motor. The noise only happens after riding eight or ten miles. And, it always happens when the drive side crank is at 3 o'clock. And, it occurs irrespective of the load and whether the motor is on or off. It is not my pedals - I tried changing them. It is not the chainring - because the chainring floats free of the crank, it can be at any position in its rotation. Lastly, for the past day or so, there is occasionally a double click where there had been a single. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I had that same problem and I took the plastic motor cover off from the underside of the motor, cleaned it and reinstalled it and no more clicks! Be sure you put the cover back in place with the little front lip inserted. You’ll see what I mean by that if you look. Just one bolt on the bottom of the cover holds it on.

On the list of my "usual culprits" are the seat (clicking somewhere internally as your weight shifts), and the seat post, where it clamps to the bike's down tube. That area needs to be lightly greased. The tube and the clamp. Same story. A slight movement/weight shift while pedaling can make a squeak there that will make you crazy.

Silence is golden!!!!!

Back