Turbo Como 4.0 vs Turbo Vado 4.0 Step-Through

Como 4.0 vs Vado 4.0?

• Total voters
Personally, I think that suspension seat post makes more difference than front suspension. Also since your wife is lighter, you can probably run 35-40 pounds in the larger tires and be fine.

I’m no tire expert so I generally go with what’s stated on the tires.
The Vado 4.0 the OP was interested in comes with Trigger Sport tires and recommended tire pressure is 50-75psi.

I’m no tire expert so I generally go with what’s stated on the tires.
The Vado 4.0 the OP was interested in comes with Trigger Sport tires and recommended tire pressure is 50-75psi.

Hi,

You really should try a little less pressure. You really don't need that much. The bike has 47mm tires and if you use this calculator it shows that you don't need anywhere near what you are using. The tire manufacturers don't know whether it is a 250 pound person on the bike or a 130 pound person and that makes a BIG difference. I would at least try 35-40 pounds in the front and 40 to 45 in the rear.

Trust me, the bike will handle better and give a MUCH smoother ride. I have 6000 miles on my e-bike and weigh 132 and generally run like this and I have only had 2 flats in 6000 miles.

Reactions: PaD
Hi,

You really should try a little less pressure. You really don't need that much. The bike has 47mm tires and if you use this calculator it shows that you don't need anywhere near what you are using. The tire manufacturers don't know whether it is a 250 pound person on the bike or a 130 pound person and that makes a BIG difference. I would at least try 35-40 pounds in the front and 40 to 45 in the rear.

Trust me, the bike will handle better and give a MUCH smoother ride. I have 6000 miles on my e-bike and weigh 132 and generally run like this and I have only had 2 flats in 6000 miles.
I guess tire side wall stiffness could be a thing to consider before lowering tire pressure too much.
The Specialized Trigger Sport seems to me to have a rathe soft side wall. I had slow leak puncture and found the tire really and wrinkled in the morning. The Scwalbe Marathon Plus tires I have for the moment feel a lot stiffer.
With the Trigger tire I would try lowering little by little. But that’s how I do things;)

I know this is an old article but, some may still look at it for information.

When I finally decided to get an e-bike I test rode many different brands and models. I rode both the Vado and Como. I used to mountain bike ride when I was younger but, those days are gone. I still ride A LOT but, mainly along the bike paths and trials. I did like the front shocks on the Vado but, the more upright positioning and comfort of the Como won out personally for me.

I have put over 1500+ miles in less than a year and still love the Como ride.

Back