Tubes & Tires - Where/what to purchase

mlcinema

Region
USA
Hello All,

I’m new to the Lectric community. I recently received my XP 2.0 And was wondering what brand of tubes and tires you all purchase when that time comes? I would like to have a second tube just in case of damage on a ride. Please post a link if possible.

Thank you.

I am brand new to it all. Literally, today was day 2 on my new bike. I have a VX2 that is essentially a clone of a Lectric. I just looked up tubes today, too, because I don't want to lose time this spring being down because I didn't have tubes. I found some Mongoose 20x4 tubes on Amazon that look like a match.

I am brand new to it all. Literally, today was day 2 on my new bike. I have a VX2 that is essentially a clone of a Lectric. I just looked up tubes today, too, because I don't want to lose time this spring being down because I didn't have tubes. I found some Mongoose 20x4 tubes on Amazon that look like a match.
I think the XP 2.0 has 3in wide tires, not 4, but I will look into them. Thank you.

Hello All,

I’m new to the Lectric community. I recently received my XP 2.0 And was wondering what brand of tubes and tires you all purchase when that time comes? I would like to have a second tube just in case of damage on a ride. Please post a link if possible.

Thank you.
lectric has tires and tubes on their web site xp 2.0 has 3" x 20" tires.click on parts once on their web page

You should consider where you will ride when you purchase tires and tubes. I live in Wisconsin during the summer and Arizona in the winter. I thought I would have more flats in Arizona because of cacti. True, but construction debris is everywhere, especially in bike lanes adjacent to vehicle traffic lanes. Most every sharp little object migrates to the side of the road.

Fixing a flat is not a lot of fun. Be sure to practice taking the tires off at home to ensure you will have the necessary set of tools and paraphernalia to do the job on the trail. Check your tire pressure every few weeks.

Consider adding Slime or similar product to your tubes. Be sure to carry a pump. Even with Slime, some air can leak out before the hole is filled. If you have Presta valves, carry the little screw-on adapter. Very necessary if you use the air hoses at gas stations.

Consider tires with some type of hard case and/or puncture resistance. If you have rims that are tubeless capable, consider tubeless tires. Yes, more expensive. But well worth it vs. one inconvenient flat.

6 flats this year taught me a few lessons.

You should consider where you will ride when you purchase tires and tubes. I live in Wisconsin during the summer and Arizona in the winter. I thought I would have more flats in Arizona because of cacti. True, but construction debris is everywhere, especially in bike lanes adjacent to vehicle traffic lanes. Most every sharp little object migrates to the side of the road.

Fixing a flat is not a lot of fun. Be sure to practice taking the tires off at home to ensure you will have the necessary set of tools and paraphernalia to do the job on the trail. Check your tire pressure every few weeks.

Consider adding Slime or similar product to your tubes. Be sure to carry a pump. Even with Slime, some air can leak out before the hole is filled. If you have Presta valves, carry the little screw-on adapter. Very necessary if you use the air hoses at gas stations.

Consider tires with some type of hard case and/or puncture resistance. If you have rims that are tubeless capable, consider tubeless tires. Yes, more expensive. But well worth it vs. one inconvenient flat.

6 flats this year taught me a few lessons.
Good points! I haven’t changed a bike tire in years. I should probably add some slime. Never looked into tubeless tires. I don’t think the Lectric wheels can handle them.

Thank you.

Lots of experience in my youth changing flats. Bought two of the XP 2.0 st bikes last Christmas, was advised by comments here and elsewhere to use "FlatOut," which some videos show as superior to the other stuff. So far so good.

I also carry a patch kit, a tiny CO2 quick-inflate valve and cartridge, and a compact manual pump. Changing a fat tire no big deal; changing rear tire just means clipping a couple of zipties and unplugging the motor cable, then business as usual. If your bike has the steel cage protecting the derailleur, find out now what you need to pack to get to the axle nut.

Back