Trying to choose between three folding fat tire e-bikes: E-Lux Sierra, Rad Power RadMini 4, or the Sondors XS?

MitchellW

Hey everyone! I've narrowed my choice down to these three options. Does anyone have any input or the pro's/con's of these different e-bikes? Definitely looking to spend less than $2000.

Thanks!!

what is your motivation to limit your choice to folding e-bikes ? so many good ways to transport with a small investment of a hitch / hitch rack.

what is your motivation to limit your choice to folding e-bikes ? so many good ways to transport with a small investment of a hitch / hitch rack.
Well mainly because I have a small sedan that I already have to strap down surfboards on the roof of. Want the convenience of being able to fold it up and throw it in my car/friend's cars etc. Mainly going to using this bike for going to the beach and for mild trail riding. Will look into getting a non-foldable e-bike in the future.

Why don't you get one of these? You can load your small sedan up with all your surf gear, pop it on the rear rack and ride your bike to the beach to the beach... 😁

Sorry...couldn't help being an idiot! Been one of those days lol 😜

When I was researching folding bikes I had come to the conclusion the Sondors Fold XS had the best design and quality. There was also a lot of praise from the review on this website regarding the programming of the cadence sensor. Well worth a watch if you haven't already.

The Rad bike comes with mechanical disc brakes which may be fine for some but that was a deal breaker for me. Ebikes are heavy and can easily reach speeds of 20+ mph. The added brake assistance of hydraulic brakes just seems like a no brainer for me

Try the brand specific sections on this forum. A lot of great information about these bikes can be found there.

Also just want to point out the Lectric XP is constantly considered the best folding bike for the money. It's currently $899 and can do class 2 and class 3. Class 3 is somewhat rare for folding ebikes. If money is a high priority and you can make some concessions like front suspension or battery size then this might be the bike for you.

Last edited:
Back