Truckrun 500 Watt Mid drive

1steve7301

I am looking at a Rambo Fat tire ebike which has a 500 watt Truckrun Mid drive motor. I have tried to research reviews on the Truckrun but can find really nothing of note. Does anyone have knowledge of these motors that they could share with me? Thanks, Steve

I am looking at a Rambo Fat tire ebike which has a 500 watt Truckrun Mid drive motor. I have tried to research reviews on the Truckrun but can find really nothing of note. Does anyone have knowledge of these motors that they could share with me? Thanks, Steve
Did you ever figure anything out about this?

Sheesh! Why would you assume I haven't looked for the most obvious source?

Maybe OP went for the bike or found someone who had experience. This type of first hand knowledge is what I'm after.
Thought I'd do the OP a favor and post the factory specs on the motor for him and others to go over, who may be interested in that motor. With a touch of humor thrown in.

Why the umbrage?

Thought I'd do the OP a favor and post the factory specs on the motor for him and others to go over, who may be interested in that motor. With a touch of humor thrown in.

Why the umbrage?
An update: I talked to the Rambo bikes folks who confirmed this motor was chosen (surprise, surprise) because it's a cheaper alternative to Bafang. They claim it has been reliable so far and more energy efficient (but is it as powerful?). Leaving Bosch and Yamaha out of this since the comparison wouldn't be fair.

I too would like to know if anybody has any first hand info on TruckRun motors ? I ordered this bike on Indegogo ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pxcycle-most-powerful-urban-mountain-ebike/x/23779836#/ ). The owner says it is their biggest motor, and it was specifically designed for pxcycles. When I look, I can not find the motor matching the specifications. TruckRun - Mid-drive - 650w MAX 850W - Dual side tourque sensing - 140nm
The motor does seem different than most of their existing models. Truckrun often offers customization (i.e. the motor on the Priority Current, which I have, or the motors on the Rambo bikes, are just customized versions of their more common motor), but this seems like a different design.

The motor does seem different than most of their existing models. Truckrun often offers customization (i.e. the motor on the Priority Current, which I have, or the motors on the Rambo bikes, are just customized versions of their more common motor), but this seems like a different design.
The owner mentioned the Priority Current in replies to me, "Motors are made by Truckrun (same as Priority Current) and I am not sure about de-restricting though it is likely you can. " How do you like the motor ? Can't see that it is the same exact motor though as the Current is a belt drive, but, I am fairly new to this. I had a 2016 IZIP protour with a tranzX 500 wt motor. I sold it, but, loved the motor, even at 28mph, it felt like I could go harder/faster.

The owner mentioned the Priority Current in replies to me, "Motors are made by Truckrun (same as Priority Current) and I am not sure about de-restricting though it is likely you can. " How do you like the motor ? Can't see that it is the same exact motor though as the Current is a belt drive, but, I am fairly new to this. I had a 2016 IZIP protour with a tranzX 500 wt motor. I sold it, but, loved the motor, even at 28mph, it felt like I could go harder/faster.
Visually, the motor is different, so I'm assuming it's a different model. The Current uses 500w/48v variation of this motor. From the pictures you sent, it looks different.

I like the motor ok. As I mentioned above, the biggest reason companies choose to go with truckrun is price. They're a cheaper option and are willing to work on customization. Mine is strong enough to get me where I need to, but doesn't compare to a Bafang Ultra, for example. It operates pretty smoothly. Noise wise, there's a high pitch sound when the motor is on. It's not as noisy as the majority of hub motors I see daily, but not as quiet as Bose or Yamaha.

It's hard to judge your motor based on mine. The biggest unknown for me is durability. Since there aren't many bikes equipped with it, we don't know if they break down easily or not. Not enough user data.

I have the TM05 , 500W in a Pashley Mail Star. Rear hub is X-rd3 and it pulls up all hills with ease . I am 58kg and my load of shopping is between 40 and 50kgit is a lovely well made motor . I have nearly 2000 miles no problems at all with one exception my display took in water but the rain was seriously torrential that day. I would have another and indeed next year , will make that happen. I am more than happy with mine though info is scarce I ring Truckrun , and ask. They are an excellent firm with some excellent products .

It’s the M-01
Advertised as a 500w it has HDQ battery management smart stuff is fully developable so the bike builder probably had the motor tweaked by the manufacturers. I have the M-05 which is similar to the BBSHD the M-01 has a different battery and charger . It has a torque sensor system where as the M-05 is speed sensing.

It’s the M-01
Advertised as a 500w it has HDQ battery management smart stuff is fully developable so the bike builder probably had the motor tweaked by the manufacturers. I have the M-05 which is similar to the BBSHD the M-01 has a different battery and charger . It has a torque sensor system where as the M-05 is speed sensing.
Cool! I have the M01 but I couldn't see close up photos on that link and it seemed a bit different. Thanks!

Lectric is using this motor on their newly introduced Premium fat tire folder.

With Lectric's market penetration with their hub drive models this may become the biggest seller using this motor so there should be much more real world data on its reliability and performance in the next several months.

Lectric is using this motor on their newly introduced Premium fat tire folder.

With Lectric's market penetration with their hub drive models this may become the biggest seller using this motor so there should be much more real world data on its reliability and performance in the next several months.
It also has a throttle, which the Current doesn't.

The biggest problem with Truckrun is parts/service availability outside of China. There is no North American distributor for Truckrun so everything needs to be obtained from Truckrun directly or from a Chinese distributor.

I have contacted truckrun. I've rebuilt a few bikes here and out of all the chinese manufacturers truckrun has been the most responsive.

Back