Truck bed rack problem solved

ruffruff

background....I live in Mn and want to bike all winter, but we use a ton of salt on the roads. I have a Yakima Hold up 2 hitch rack for the summer, but REALLY wanted to get the bike in the bed for the winter to avoid all the salty road spray on the bike.

Did a lot of trial and error stuff and research and finally thought I'd take the trays off my Yakima Hold Up 2 rack and rig something to hold them in the bed.

So for starters I threw the rack in the bed and loaded the bike on it. HEY wait a minute!! The bike fits in perfectly against the tailgate so it can't move front and back. The rack itself is very stable left and right with the other tray still on it so I said HMMMM, drove it around the neighborhood and TRIED to get it slide around and tip over....and it didn't!!

The first trip I strapped the whole thing through the wheel to the bed tie downs, the second trip I was even more aggressive without the strap and it still didn't move left or right or try to tip over!

The simpliest of solutions!!!!! I just threw the hitch rack in the bed and it worked for my pickup!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4289.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_4290.JPG
    IMG_4290.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_4292.JPG
    IMG_4292.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 426
Back