Troubleshooting Ebike Lock

Spikeymango

Region
Europe
I just purchased a used Riese and Muller Charger GH and I’m trying to set up the ebike lock functionality.

I’ve synced my Ebike Connect App with the Kiox device, but my app doesn’t show the option to lock the device.

Would someone mind helping me troubleshoot this please?
* Kiox 6534. Software version 4.0.2.0
* Performance Line. Software version 1.8.4.0

Any ideas welcome. Thanks!!!

The lock function only works on gen4 drive units. Based on your sw version you probably have a gen 2 or 3 drive.
Not an R&M guy, so I don't know when your model switched to the gen4 motor.

If your drive unit is compatible, I think you have to purchase the lock feature in the ebike connect shop before you will see the option.

The Lock premium function, in conjunction with the Kiox and the new Nyon displays (since model year 2021), is compatible with the Bosch Active Line and Active Line Plus drives from model year 2018 or Performance Line, Cargo Line, Performance Line Speed and Performance Line CX from model year 2020 onward.

The lock function only works on gen4 drive units. Based on your sw version you probably have a gen 2 or 3 drive.

If your drive unit is compatible, I think you have to purchase the lock feature in the ebike connect shop before you will see the option.

The Lock premium function, in conjunction with the Kiox and the new Nyon displays (since model year 2021), is compatible with the Bosch Active Line and Active Line Plus drives from model year 2018 or Performance Line, Cargo Line, Performance Line Speed and Performance Line CX from model year 2020 onward.
Ah, got it, thanks!

Just to correct this, the lock function works with BDU3XX and BDU4XX drive units, "Gen3" and "Gen4." If you have a BDU2XX, "Gen2" with a small chainring, the lock function is not available

Just FYI if you want to use the lock function (I don't use it for a reason).
I was out on a 3 days trip a while ago and forgot my USB-C charging cable for the phone (no big deal, I just turn the phone off then).

But imagine going up those hills with all the camping gear with no assistance after your charging cable broke and your phone is dead.

Back