Trek Corporate Retail Store Acquisition Challenges

I have done just that. He will be rebuilding the rear wheel on my Allant +9.9s with an Onyx hub He has his resume around the area and I have written a letter of recommendation for him.
^^^This is how stand up people take care of each other^^^

I had an opportunity to speak with Trek's regional manager yesterday as she answered the phone when I called. We had a wide ranging and informative conversation. She was sympathetic and clearly concerned about the issues I have had with my Allant as well as my take on what has happened to the staffing of the local store.

What I wrote in the opening of this thread was written without getting all sides of the issues. She shared some of what she is doing to restaff the store as well as what transpired with some of the departed staff. It clearly was not quite as straightforward as it seemed or as I wrote in this thread. As an example, what I was told about the departure of the manager was incomplete at best. He and his family have moved back to their home state where their families are, something that they had wanted to do for a while.

Although the regional manager is based in Denver, she has been spending lots of time in Bellingham, working to get things back on track here and hire good staff, something made much more difficult with Covid 19.

In fairness, it appears I rushed to judgement without getting all the facts. I am hopeful that things will get back on track soon.

Just another example that things are often more complicated than they seem.

My repaired hub has already developed the same scratchy noises that brought it in for repairs in the first place. The regional manager was concerned that I had had too many problems with the bike and seemed willing to take back the bike. I assured her that I loved the bike and that it was great in almost every detail except for the obviously flawed hub from Shimano. I assured her that I really like the bike and want to keep it so long as we can get a hub in it that I can depend on. She indicated that they would be helping me to get the Onyx hub installed as a replacement. To be continued...

Last edited:
I had an opportunity to speak with Trek's regional manager yesterday as she answered the phone when I called. We had a wide ranging and informative conversation. She was sympathetic and clearly concerned about the issues I have had with my Allant as well as my take on what has happened to the staffing of the local store.

What I wrote in the opening of this thread was written without getting all sides of the issues. She shared some of what she is doing to restaff the store as well as what transpired with some of the departed staff. It clearly was not quite as straightforward as it seemed or as I wrote in this thread. As an example, what I was told about the departure of the manager was incomplete at best. He and his family have moved back to Iowa where their families are, something that they had wanted to do for a while.

Although she is based in Denver, she has been spending lots of time in Bellingham, working to get things back on track here, something made much more difficult with Covid 19.

In fairness, it appears I rushed to judgement without getting all the facts. I am hopeful that things will get back on track soon.

Just another example that things are often more complicated than they seem.

My repaired hub has already developed the same scratchy noises that brought it in for repairs in the first place. The regional manager indicated that they would be helping me to get the Onyx hub installed as a replacement. She was concerned that I had had too many problems with the bike and seemed willing to take back the bike. I assured her that I loved the bike and that it was great in almost every detail except for the obviously flawed hub from Shimano. I assured her that I really like the bike and want to keep it so long as we can get a hub in it that I can depend on. To be continued...
Very glad they are working with you through your trouble. Awesome!

- not sure if it applies, but the mechanic could also rebuild the wheel with thicker spokes and a higher number of them(maybe 36 ?) . That would need a new rim also. And a new 36h hub.
I like Dt Swiss rims/spokes/hubs.

Back