Trace EXC Range

Jaime B

I just purchased a Diamondback Trace EXC from Performance Bike (now only $1499 before the 10% or 20% points back). I am able to get the top speed as advertised 30mph but my range is greatly below their estimates of 25-45 miles. I live in San Francisco so possibly the hills and stops/starts hurt my range; but right now my range is only 11 (full power)- 30 (lowest power) miles; I'm just checking to see if other have experienced the same range.

I just purchased a Diamondback Trace EXC from Performance Bike (now only $1499 before the 10% or 20% points back). I am able to get the top speed as advertised 30mph but my range is greatly below their estimates of 25-45 miles. I live in San Francisco so possibly the hills and stops/starts hurt my range; but right now my range is only 11 (full power)- 30 (lowest power) miles; I'm just checking to see if other have experienced the same range.
Very nice bike and that price... WOW. The small 8.8 AH battery is the one downside I can find in the specs. Still I expect your range will increase after you've gotten to know the bike better, what you can and can't do. For instance speed kills batteries. Over 18 mph wind resistance starts to be a major factor, add hills and weight and every mph over cuts range significantly. 30 mph is a lot to ask of any ebike battery, at 20 mph I expect you will get that 25-30+ mile range.

Congrats on your new bike and welcome to EBR!

Congrats on your new Bike! Mileage for any electric bike is based on flat ground with about a 180lb rider, so your S.F. hills will definitely chew into the range; its not a flaw, just reality. And I am certain that the manufacturer will spec the range differently for 30mph vs. 20mph. Maybe consider an extra battery or if its possible, one with more amp hours.

In flat Texas I am getting close to advertised I did easy 20 miles at between 15-22 mph pace (L-2) and still had 1/2 battery left but if I put it on L-4 full power and ride hard and off road you can eat up the battery

Back